- All Jobs
- Finance Officer
- Programme Assistant
- Programme Coordinator
- Programme Manager
- Programme Officer
- Project Assistant
- Project Coordinator
- Project Manager
- Project Officer
- Technical Officer
Operations and Finance Director
JOB DESCRIPTION/SCOPE OF WORK
Operations and Finance Director
Chemonics International seeks applications for a long term, full time Operations and Finance Director for the USAID-funded Vietnam Strengthening Provincial Capacity (SPC) program. SPC is a four-year program aimed at improving the efficacy and sustainability of economic reform-oriented provincial capacity building services. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world. The position will be based in Hanoi.
The Operations and Finance Director will manage all aspects of finance & accounting, human resources and administration necessary to implement project activities in Vietnam.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Finance & accounting
- Provide oversight to day-to-day operations to include efficient process flows and controls over payments, cash transfers, and other cash journal entries.
- Coordinate banking operations and liaise with the bank. Ensure bank and cash accounts are reconciled in a timely manner.
- Ensure all expenditures are justified and substantiated adequately.
- Oversee/ calculate tax declaration and process any tax payments, when appropriate.
- Prepare and maintain all the project financial reporting for the Vietnamese authorities.
- Ensure that all financial transactions and practices related to SPC activities in Vietnam adhere to USAID and Government of Vietnam regulations.
- Oversee/manage expenses input into ABACUS (SPC accounting system), including appropriate entry by transaction allocation.
- Manage petty cash.
- Oversee the purchase of office supplies and other small to mid-size procurements.
- Prepare and submit monthly/yearly/ad-hoc financial reports to the home office and donors;respond to questions from home office accounting unit and project management unit.
- Maintain transparent and audit-proof record keeping systems per SPC’s policies.
- Provide financial trainings/ orientations to ensure that staff are aware of and comply with Finance policies and procedures.
- Submit recommendations for standard exchange rate to home office every month.
- Maintain good knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the field office policy manual.
- Produce and/or provide inputs on annual work-plan, annual budget, routine and ad-hoc reports requested by donor/s and the Home Office.
- Support the achievement of the overall project goals as required to ensure project performance.
- Maintain effective working relationship with donor, government partners and other stakeholders.
- Manage other team member/s to ensure smooth team performance.
- Perform other tasks as directed by Chief of Party.
- Coordinate the recruitment processes in compliance with Chemonics established procedures including but not limited to and interview questions, and conducting reference checks, negotiating offers of employment, and collecting required documentation from candidates.
- Confirm all new hire paperwork is submitted and personnel files are complete and compliant with Chemonics policy, local labor laws, and USAID regulations.
- Support all onboarding processes. Ensure new hires are provided with adequate training and orientation regarding the project and relevant Chemonics policies in order to perform the job to the best of their ability.
- Work closely with the Chief of Party on staff communication, including policy updates, project initiatives for staff, and labor law compliance.
- Manage and administer benefits according to appropriate plans and labor law requirements, bringing any requirement changes to the Chief of Party.
- Coordinate annual performance assessment process, ensuring procedures are communicated to staff and followed accordingly.
- Ensure employee manuals are up to date and communicate changes when applicable.
- Develop and maintain basic administrative systems, including required records, to ensure compliance with USAID and Chemonics policies.
- Supervise maintenance of an accurate inventory of all project equipment, showing location, user, owner, and condition.
- Oversee maintenance of the physical office and procurement of all office equipment,furniture, supplies and services.
- Maintain tracking systems such as procurement and approvals; collect and review proposals/quotations from bidders and potential vendors, and provides information and support to evaluation panels for non-technical procurements.
- Liaise with the home office project management unit for personnel and administrative support and reporting.
- Oversee Operations Assistant and track professional development.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skills, and/or abilities needed to perform the principal duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, economics or other relevant field; advanced degree preferred;
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in program administrative and finance management;
- Previous professional experience with international donor programs;
- In depth knowledge of the operating environment and employment regulations in Vietnam;
- Results-oriented professional capable of achieving targets and goals set in cooperation with the client, counterparts, and stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to work productively within a team;
- Possess excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with demonstrated diplomacy and the ability to communicate effectively in a cross-cultural environment;
- Computer skills including strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Office applications;
- Fluency in Vietnamese and English
Please apply at the below link by 11:59pm on July10th, 2019. Please attach a copy of your resume and cover letter as instructed. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted regarding the next stages of the process.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, gen etic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.