Wildlife Trade Program Team Leader
About Education for Nature - Vietnam
Education for Nature-Vietnam (ENV) was established in 2000 as Vietnam’s first non-governmental organization focused on conservation of nature and the environment. Our mission is to foster greater understanding amongst the Vietnamese public about environmental issues of local, national and global significance, ranging from protection of wildlife and natural ecosystems to climate change. We employ creative and innovative strategies to influence attitudes and behavior, not only highlighting the need to protect Vietnam’s rich natural heritage and the living world around us, but also encouraging greater public participation in achieving this important and challenging task.
Position title: Wildlife trade program team leader
Salary grade: Depends upon performance and qualifications. Initial salary is pre-evaluation with staff grade salary awarded based on performance
Location: Hanoi-based but involves frequent travel
1. Awareness activities
• Awareness activities: Organize and execute ENV mobile awareness events such as university programs, exhibits, campaigns, and school programs.
• Baseline WLT survey: Carry out surveys to map out wildlife trade networks, key consumption enterprises, hunting patterns by communities bordering protected areas, and other “hotspots” cases.
• Monitoring: Carry out routine monitoring of markets, restaurants, medicinal shops, and other establishments where wildlife and wildlife products are sold or consumed.
• Support ENV Wildlife Trade Awareness Work: Work closely with other departments within ENV to provide information in support of relevant media campaigns, and other awareness activities being carried out by ENV as appropriate.
• Develop educational activities and resources: Develop lesson plans, posters, village programs and other educational resources that will be used or distributed during the implementation of the program in the field. Education officer will also assist the Resource Development and other departments of ENV to develop the Green Forest (magazine) and other resources.
2. Coordination of Volunteer Network
• Recruitment and training for Wildlife Protection Volunteer: Recruitment Wildlife Protection Volunteer and training for them about wildlife trade survey and monitoring skill, identify common trade species and practice these skills in the fields.
• Manage volunteers in all regions of Vietnam: control volunteer database, keep close communication with volunteers and work closely with ENV Wildlife Crime Unit to update volunteers’ information and find ways to motivate volunteers.
• Implement recruitment and training for volunteers across Vietnam where and when necessary
• Coordinate volunteers to participate in activities: ensure the highest possible engagement and effectiveness of our volunteer network.
• Create and implement frequently new suitable activities for volunteer network: ensure volunteers always have the chance to contribute to the wildlife protection work.
• Update news for volunteer network on Facebook and Google group: write news about volunteers’ activities, noticeable wildlife news, etc.
• Provide written reports on project outcomes and related activities.
• Complete other duties and assignments as specified by your supervisor or ENV managers
• Vietnamese national, above 25 years old is a must
• University degree required
• Good English and Vietnamese (in both verbal and written)
• Active, willingness to travel frequently
• Strong presentation, communication, organization and coordination skills
• Full competency in the basic office computer programs
• Ability to work independently, work under high pressure, meet deadline, take initiative and pay close attention to details
Benefits and terms
• Long-term employment contract
• Opportunity to learn new skills and knowledge
• Mixed English-speaking work environment
• Opportunity to work closely with foreign and national experts
• Many chances to be developed within the organization
• Salary based on experience & performance
• College degree required
• Law enforcement experience or training or research-related work is beneficial
• Quality professional Vietnamese writing skills
• Fluent verbal and written English
• Excellent communications skills and an ability to communicate and work with government partners
• Ability to work independently and under high pressure, meet deadlines, take initiative and pay close attention to details.
Benefits and terms
• Attractive salary
• Long-term contract will be provided
• Mixed English-speaking environment
• Opportunity to work closely with international and national experts
HOW TO APPLY?
Interested candidates are invited to apply for the vacancy not later than Jul 10, 2012 by email or correspondence.
The candidate MUST use ENV application form which can be found from the link below
Nhan Thi Hien
HR & Admin Manager
Education for Nature - Vietnam (ENV)
No. 5, Lane 192, Thai Thinh street, Hanoi (next to Thai Thinh petrol station)
Phone: (04) 3514-8850
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
*Submit your application by clicking “Apply Now” button. Your application will automatically be transferred to ENV. DO NOT send to other alternative email, please!
* Your applications will be treated on “First come, first serve” basis.
* Only short-listed candidates will be notified for written test & interview