Renewable Energy Advisor
SNV Vietnam is seeking a Renewable Energy Advisor
Based in Hanoi, Vietnam
(The position is subject to donor approval of this project)
SNV has been working in Vietnam since 1995. Using market based approaches, SNV is committed to reducing poverty by catalyzing environmentally sustainable solutions for the poor in agriculture, energy, water & sanitation, and REDD+ (Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradation).
SNV is participating in a competitive process to implement a project on Clean Energy funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), which requires Renewable Energy Advisor. SNV invites interested Vietnamese professionals that comply with the profile describe bellow, to submit their CVs and Application letter to be considered for this position.
The Renewable Energy (RE) Advisor will provide technical guidance relating to all RE aspects of the project. Working with the Project Team Leader this will involve contributing to the project work plan, determining the baseline energy scenario, exploring RE opportunities, assessing appropriate RE technologies, developing a RE implementation strategy, designing capacity building activities where necessary and overseeing implementation.
The RE Advisor will be responsible for day-to-day administration of RE related activities to ensure project outcomes are achieved in-line with the project plan and budget. Team work and collaboration with SNV staff and external stakeholders will be a very important element of this role.
- Preferably Vietnamese citizen
- University degree in engineering, energy or related field
- At least 5 years’ experience in project management or equivalent roles preferably with experience working with an international development organisation
- Working experience in the Renewable Energy sector preferably in Vietnam or South East Asia
- Previous experience with the Private Financing Advisory Network PFAN
- Broad based renewable energy technical knowledge
- Project management skills and experience with financial management
- Highly proficient skills in report writing and general written communication
- Good team worker with a positive outlook and attitude
- Experience establishing good working relationships with diverse stakeholders
- Good training/capacity building skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills in English (spoken & written)
- Computer proficiency in Windows and Office based programs
Contract Duration: One-year associate consultancy with possibility of extension will be offered to the final candidate subject to donor approval of this project.
How to apply?
Please send your application letter and CV, together with an indication of your current salary and compensation package, to Ms. Pham Thi Thu Hoai at email@example.com by 4th May 2012.
Short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview when further details will be provided. The selected candidate will be integrated as part of the SNV team applying for the tendered project.
For more information on SNV, please refer to our website: www.snvworld.org
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.