Regional Program Coordinator
Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations working together in 92 countries and with partners and allies around the world to find lasting solutions to poverty and injustice. In the region, Oxfam is recognized as one of the leading international NGOs, especially in rural development, disaster risk reduction and humanitarian response, civil society development, ethnic minorities, and women’s empowerment.
Oxfam Solidarity Belgium (OSB) is a non-profit development organisation, with a head office in Belgium. The organization has been active in South East Asia region since the seventies and avails of 3 small representative offices in Hanoi, Vientiane and Phnom Penh. The organization presently supports various partners in 2 thematic programmes: "Labour rights" working mainly with union and NGO's and "Local Economic Sustainable Development" working mainly with farmer's oganisation.
We are looking for an experienced and dynamic person to fill the following position. We encourage Vietnamese candidates to apply.
REGIONAL PROGRAMME COORDINATOR for Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia
Oxfam Solidarity Belgium (OSB) – Grade VI
The post is a fixed-term 18 months contract, based in Hanoi with frequent travel in Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia
1. MANAGEMENT LINES:
- The Regional Programme Coordinator is directly managed by the Regional Liaison Manager (RLM).
2. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
a) Provides support to the Regional Liaison Manager (RLM) on the coordination of the current Programme on Sustainable Livelihoods:
- Supports the RLM in his task to oversee and ensure accountability, compliance with Oxfam International and OSB programme standards and quality of the implementation of the OSB programme in Vietnam, Cambodia and the region
- Supports the RLM in ensuring the programme coherence in the region, including Laos.
- Takes up specific responsibilities to coordinate the Vietnam Programme Team under guidance of the RLM
- Supports programme staff in the region w/r specific programme management issues as required, in particular support to programme exit strategies.
b) Contributes to Programme Development on Economic Justice:
- Provides support to the strategic planning process of 2012 – 2013 and to the delivery of a quality Strategic Plan for the Asia Programme of OSB, as required by the RLM.
- Supports the development of funding proposal where appropriate
- Advises the Programme Officers in Laos and Cambodia and Vietnam in their roles w/r to joint programme development in the joint Oxfam strategic framework on Sustainable Livelihoods and with attention for the Oxfam Programme Standards, in particular the One Programme Approach.
- Supports the RLM in the Research & Development role on Urban Livelihoods in the framework of joint Oxfam regional work under the Single Management Structure (SMS).
c) Representation towards and networking with stakeholders
- as required by the RLM
3. SPECIFIC TASKS
a) Support to Programme Coordination, as required by the RLM. This may include:
For all 3 countries:
- Provide tools or instruments, content inputs, feedback and advice in support of specific programme management issues, related to monitoring, planning, reporting, learning and evaluation, capacity building, specifically on rural and urban livelihoods under Economic Justice Programme.
- Promote the adherence to Oxfam International (OI) Programme Standards, gives particular attention to the quality use of the Results Based Management methodology.
- Provide support for the organisation of the Asia team retreats, meant for joint learning and planning.
- Accompany the programme teams in exit management of the current programme, in particular provide specific tools and advise for Capacity Building strategies, learning, capitalisation, evaluation, ... as part of an exit strategy.
Specific for Vietnam:
- Coordinate, support and guide the programme team w/r to all steps in the programme cycle: identification, drafting of programme proposals, approval procedures, implementation, monitoring, / learning / evaluation, finance and budget monitoring, reporting, exiting ...
- Accompany the programme team in seizing effectively the opportunities to integrate current programme in other affiliates' work (exit accompaniment) such as specified in the Vietnam transition plan.
- Ensure that all OSB and donor guidelines concerning Programme Cycle Management are met, including finances.
- Ensures overall quality in Capacity Building of partners.
- Participates in programme staff appraisals.
- Participates in team meetings.
Specific for Cambodia:
- Accompaniment of the Programme Coordinator in our role as capacity builder
b) Contribution to the “Economic Justice” Programme Development, as required by the RLM. This may include:
For all countries:
- Provide support to the programme teams for the good use of partner identification and assessment tools, planning tools, concretisation of partnership criteria and programme standards, ...
- Provide inputs for the application of the One Programme Approach (links development / advocacy / humanitarian work)
- Contribute to the development of links to joint national and regional Oxfam International strategic frameworks,
- Support capacity building of teams w/r strategic planning
- Give feedback and input to the proposal development for donors
- Provide content inputs and feedback w/r to specific issues that require quality discussion with other affiliates in framework of the Single Management Structure (SMS)
Specific for Laos
- Provide support (advise, feedback, content inputs) to the Programme Coordinator in Laos leading the development of the Oxfam International Economic Justice programme.
Specific for Joint Regional Analysis and Strategy (JRAS):
- Provide support to RLM for regional programme development and the R&D work on urban livelihoods in Single Management Structure (SMS)
4. SKILLS AND COMPETENCE
The applicant will demonstrate:
- Competence in Programme Cycle Management, Result Based Management and MEL systems, both for structural development programmes and humanitarian assistance.
- Preferably 5 years experience coordination and development of programmes while ensuring its quality and delivery, in particular through working with partners and local groups in a role of facilitation, accompaniment or capacity strengthening,
- Competence in team management
- Good and broad analytical skills and ability to translate analysis into concrete and effective programme strategies
- Good financial management skills and sound numeracy skills
- Competence in capacity-building and organizational or institutional development of local organizations
- Competence in programme development, including for back donors;
- Ability to represent OSB and its work professionally to a variety of audiences;
- Experience in narrative and financial reporting,
- Excellent English communication and writing skills;
- Ability to handle standard IT software;
- Ability to work under pressure and be able to meet deadlines and to think and plan ahead;
- Good team player and good interpersonal skills, including diplomacy, taking own initiatives, problem solver, fexible and mobile an active commitment to promoting a rights-based approach, gender equity and solidarity, a university degree or equivalent,
5. TERMS & CONDITIONS:
The position is requested to start end September. We offer a definite term local contract of 18 months with a 2 months probation period. Salary and benefits are based on OSB’s Personnel Policy and according to salary grid (grade VI, with a gross annual salary range depending on seniority from 15.500 to 19.000 Eur), including annual health check, extra medical coverage, extra maternity benefits, extra paternity leave, etc.
Interview will be held from 3rd to 7th of September 2012. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. No telephone contacts. Applications will not be returned.
Interested candidates should submit a letter of motivation and a CV (2 pages maximum) before 30th of August 2012 to:
7 floor, 22 Le Dai Hanh Street, Hanoi
Fax: 04 39 45 44 30 ; Email: email@example.com
Oxfam is an equal opportunity employer