The Representation of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) in Vietnam is seeking a qualified Vietnamese citizen to fill the position of Project Translator for the National Coordination Office of the Regional Fisheries Livelihoods Programme for South and Southeast Asia (GCP/RAS/237/SPA, 2009 – 2013), a project which aims to strengthen the capacity among participating small-scale fishing communities and their supporting institutions for improved livelihoods and sustainable fisheries resources management.
RFLP National Coordination Office, Hue City, Thua Thien Hue province.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the overall administrative supervision of the FAO Representative in Vietnam and the direct supervision of the National Project Director and the National Project Coordinator, the Translator will:
- Translate project documents from English to Vietnamese and vice versa;
- Support in interpretation at important workshops/meetings/training events;
- Meet and accompany international experts during field visits; and,
- Other duties as required.
Essential qualifications and experience:
- University degree in English language;
- At least three years working experience with international organizations/projects as an interpreter/translator;
- Ability to work as a member of a team;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; and,
- Computer literate with a good working knowledge of MS-Office Package.
Duration of post:
The post is available initially for a period of 6 months (including three months of probation), extendable subject to good performance of the incumbent.
Interested applicants should obtain a Personal History Form from the FAO website (http://www.fao.org.vn/VA/adm11e.dot) and send the completed form together with CV, relevant degree(s) and certificates, by 12:00 AM on 10 October 2011, to the address below:
Mrs. Nguyen Thi Thu Huong
National Coordination Office
UN-FAO Regional Fisheries Livelihoods Programme (GCP/RAS/237/SPA)
5 Ngo Gia Tu, Hue City, Thua Thien Hue Province
Only short-listed candidates will be notified and invited for interview/writing test.
Applications shall not be returned.