Project Officer for Water and Environment
Position: Quan Ba Project Officer for Water and Environment
Starting Date: 1st September 2012 (or as soon as possible)
Work Time (%): 100
- Ensure quality construction of the water systems in Quan Ba;
- Ensure sound and sustainable operation and management of all water systems by local communities (i.e. through specific trainings);
- Improve awareness of beneficiaries and authorities at village and commune levels on water use and water management;
- Improve awareness of local people and community on hygiene and sound environmental management;
- Ensure that the water and environment component of the project are well linked and integrated with other project components (i.e. tourism project component);
- Support to capacity development at village and commune level.
- Native Vietnamese-speaker, with at least two years working experience in development projects on community level, incl. fieldwork;
- Good knowledge and experience in the project cycle management and project implementation.
- Good technical knowledge in term of civil construction work;
- Good experience in the operation and management of gravity water systems in mountainous areas;
- Experience in checking technical design works, budget calculations and monitoring of construction works - an asset.
- Good experience in environment and hygiene issues.
- Good experience and skills in facilitating village meeting and groups discussion;
- Firmness and team spirit;
- Willingness to travel to remote villages by motorbike in mountainous areas;
- Willingness to take additional tasks when required;
- Good English writing and speaking skills;
- Good reporting and monitoring & evaluation skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines;
- Interest in the livelihoods of ethnic minorities and marginalised groups.
More information is provided in the attached Job description.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter clearly demonstrating your suitability for this position and a full CV in English to Caritas Switzerland in Vietnam at Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Those who have sent applications do not need to submit again.
Closing date to apply for this position: 24th August 2012
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview. This is an urgent recruitment and we will invite qualified candidates for an interview as soon as we receive qualified application.