Programme Support Consultant
The project "Improving quality basic education for ethnic minority children in three disadvantaged provinces in Vietnam” is a joint project of the Save the Children and implemented in cooperation with the Ministry of Education and Training (Department of the Ethnic minority education as the lead agency) in the three provinces of Yen Bai, Quang Tri and Dien Bien. The project is funded by a grant from the Japanese Social Development Fund (JSDF Grant No. TF093411), a trust fund managed by the World Bank. The total grant is USD1,809,000. The overall objective of the project is to assist the government of Vietnam in supporting children aged 5–14 from ethnic minority communities in three provinces of Vietnam to complete a quality primary education and continue their education in lower secondary school.
Vacancy: Programme Support Consultant
Work location: Hanoi and project sites
The project is looking for a dynamic Vietnamese citizen for the position of Programme Support Consultant– Project “Improving quality basic education for ethnic minority children in three disadvantaged provinces in Vietnam”
Programme Support Consultant is to support Programme manager, technical consultants and partners in implementing quarterly plan. He/she will contribute to ensure effective project implementation and achieving project objectives in close coordination with partners by conducting regular monitoring and reporting on the progress.
• University degree, preferably in Accounting and Finance
• At least 3 years experience working of Project accounting preferably in international organizations, INGOs and/or bilateral organization
• Knowledge and experience in capacity building for local stakeholders/partners
• Ability to support organizing and coordinating complex activities within interrelated schedules and timelines, and to demonstrate sound judgment, task orientation and teamwork
• Experience of administration and human resource management desirable
• Ability to work effectively as a team member and with minimal supervision
• Good communicate and interpersonal skills
• Good computer skills on Word, Excel and e-mail applications
• Excellent written and spoken English and Vietnamese
• Political awareness
• Commitment to Convention of the Right of the Child
• Ability and willingness to travel for extended periods even during the weekend if needed.
• Contract duration: One-year associate consultancy contract with a competitive salary package (from July 2012 to May 2013)
• Hours: 37.5 hours/week
• Other conditions: Start date: ASAP,
• Travel: This post is based in Hanoi city with frequent travels to project location
Please send CV and a completed application form, details of three references and a covering letter addressing the list of competencies to: HR section, Save the Children - E3, Ngoai Giao Doan Trung Tu, 6 Dang Van Ngu - Dong Da, Hanoi or by Email: Vietnam.HR@savethechildren.org
The SC application form is available at the website: http://savethechildrenvietnam.wordpress.com/vacancy
The closing date for application is 8am on 9 July 2012. Applications will be treated in confidence. Due to the volume of applications we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and CVs cannot be returned.
Save the Children is an equal opportunities employer. Our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children from abuse, and our people are as diverse as the challenge we face.
We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, HIV/AIDS status, race, national origin, religion, or sexual orientation.