National Consultant for Training on Policy Advocacy Skills
GRET, a professionals’ association for a fair development created in 1976, is currently involved in more than thirty countries. It works on the main aspects of social and economical development processes, through approaches based on partnership and action research. It combines pilot projects and expertise consultancies, contribution to public policies and documentation and diffusion of references.
Synergies (Support Young Network to Empower Rural Groups for Integrating Environment in Society) project is aimed at fostering and strengthening civil society, creating intermediate-level social actors with the organizational wherewithal, competence and knowledge that they need to participate at local level in mitigation, adaptation and sustainable development actions in the face of climate change.
The specific objective of the project is to strengthen the capacities of a network of five local NGOs, especially in the areas of environment and climate change, with practical measures on the ground, awareness raising and support actions for local stakeholders, whilst also fostering integration with national networks.
Policy advocacy is one of the objectives of the project as well as a priority of the partners. This training aims to improve knowledge of and skills in policy advocacy in the area of environment and climate change for Leaders and core officers of NERAD and its members
- Vietnamese national
- Graduated from Environment Science, Natural Resources Management, Journalism and Communication or related social science disciplines; Master degree is preferred.
- At least 05 years experience in programme management, communication and advocacy for INGOs, Local NGOs or CSOs.
- Having vast experience in training for the adult as well as well-employed participatory training methods. Hands-on experience in development of training programme, training documents. Very good communication and presentation skills.
- Have relationships with and understanding of communication protocols of bilateral, multilateral donors who are working in Viet Nam.
- Good verbal and written English
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and the Internet)
- Experience in working with NGOs and CSOs is an advantage
For detail information about objectives, expected training programme and selection criteria of the service please refer the attached TOR.
Remuneration for preparation and lecturing commensurate with qualification as well as GRET’s procedures
Interested applicants are invited to send CV together with technical and financial proposals to following email firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 17h00, 5/7/2012.