Health Information Systems Technical Officer
FHI 360, also known as Family Health International, is a non-governmental organization that works with the Vietnam Ministry of Health, other ministries, provincial health services, and local non-government organizations to promote the health and well-being of the Vietnamese population, particularly vulnerable and disenfranchised groups. In Vietnam, FHI 360 is currently building the capacity of local organizations in HIV/AIDS prevention, care, and treatment; TB control; nutrition; maternal and child health; dengue control; behavioral and epidemiologic research methods training; clinical research in new vaccines and drugs; and laboratory strengthening.
We are currently seeking qualified, experienced, and highly motivated candidate for the position of Health Information Systems Technical Officer to work in our Hanoi office:
The incumbent will be part of the Strategic Behavioral Communications Team and will be the lead point person for aligning the technology vision with program strategy, especially regarding the use of mobile technologies. S/he will implement and manage the technology infrastructure initiatives and be accountable for the physical operation and performance of the technology systems. General categories of upcoming project may include:
- increased access to healthcare and health-related information (particularly for hard-to-reach populations)
- timelier, more actionable public health information, including improved ability to diagnose and track diseases
- and expanded access to real-time and relevant information for community based health workers
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Design/architecture, development, implementation, testing and maintenance of new health information technologies
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the project, coordinate the administrative and operations project staff including liaising with other parts of the organization to successfully implement project activities, delivering quality and accountability
- Develop and adapt tools for project execution and management. Define project scope, and deliverables that support the goals and strategic vision of the team and client.
- Monitor the status of all country and global activities and works with the Technical Staff and team to ensure timely progress.
- Identify and resolve project issues and implements improvement plans to ensure project stays on schedule and within budget, when necessary.
- Manage third party service providers and serve as a point of contact for client issues and support requests
- Contribute to project knowledge management activities including online and print communication efforts associated with technical resource dissemination.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and abilities:
- Understand the current innovations in health information technologies in Vietnam.
- At least 7 years of experience in software development, including at least 3-5 years of experience working with health information systems.
- Experience working with health-related organizations in Vietnam is a plus.
- Demonstrated development experience with health information technologies, especially regarding mobile health technologies.
- Previous experience with USAID-funded cooperative agreements is a plus
- Well-developed communication skill in both Vietnamese and English;
FHI offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Please send detailed curriculum vitae with letter of application copies of degrees and certificates in English by July 28, 2013 to:
Human Resources Section, FHI 360 Vietnam
7 Floor, Hanoi Tourist Building, No. 18 Ly Thuong Kiet, Hoan Kiem Hanoi, Vietnam