Green Economy Technical Advisor
WWF is one of the world's largest and most respected independent conservation organizations, with almost 5 million supporters and a global network active in over 100 countries. WWF's mission is to stop the degradation of the earth's natural environment and to build a future in which humans live in harmony with nature, by conserving the world's biological diversity, ensuring that the use of renewable natural resources is sustainable, and promoting the reduction of pollution and wasteful consumption.
The Greater Mekong region is one of the biologically richest places on the planet; its varied natural resources support the livelihoods and well-being of millions of people in mainland Southeast Asia. WWF-Greater Mekong – on the ground in Cambodia, Laos, Thailand and Vietnam – is working to conserve the region’s biodiversity and build a secure and sustainable future for people and wildlife.
WWF-Greater Mekong is seeking to recruit a well-qualified and experienced candidate for the position of Green Economy Technical Advisor, based in Lao PDR, Cambodia or Vietnam. The Green Economy Technical Advisor will lead the development, coordination, and implementation of WWF-Greater Mekong’s green economy strategic initiative and ensure that it contributes to delivery of key objectives of the WWF-Greater Mekong Strategic Plan. S/He is also responsible for ensuring WWF-Greater Mekong’s preparation and engagement in the Rio+20 UN Conference on Sustainable Development is strategic and supports the aspirations of the region’s citizens and leaders.
Key requirements are:
- Master’s degree or other relevant qualification in natural resource or environmental economics or related fields
- 5 years of practical experience as Chief Technical Advisor for a programme or project with focus on application of economic tools and analyses in conservation and/or sustainable natural resources management in developing countries – especially in Southeast Asia
- Thorough understanding of conservation, economics and natural resource management issues in Greater Mekong Region
- Expert knowledge in green economy
- Excellent understanding of development partnerships, fund-raising, donor strategies, functions and international relations
- Experience in managing programmes/large projects funded by a diversity of sources including governments and aid agencies, private sector donors with annual budget of 1-2 millions USD
- Experience in coordinating/working with diverse international teams in multi cultural environment and in engaging high-level government officials
- Excellent technical skills of proposal development, influencing, quantitative analysis and modeling, coaching and capacity building/development, monitoring and evaluation, report writing, and virtual support
- Fluency in written and spoken English, and in Thai, Lao, Khmer, or Vietnamese language is an advantage
- Proficiency in MS Office.
Detailed Job Description of the position is posted on www.panda.org and www.panda.org/greatermekong under Jobs.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, curriculum vitae and available degrees and qualifications in English to email@example.com by 4 June 2012.