Field Project Officer - 01
The German Red Cross is part of the world wide Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement assisting victims of conflict and disaster and people affected by social or health related crisis. The Red Cross movement provides to vulnerable people assistance without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions and adheres to the seven principles of the Red Cross movement: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality.
We assist in disaster response, rehabilitation and capacity building projects internationally on appeals of their sister national society within the Movement.
The person recruited for this position will support the partnership between German Red Cross (GRC), French Red Cross (FRC), Spanish Red Cross and the Vietnam Red Cross National Society (VNRC) in the implementation of the Recovery operation for the communities affected by the floods in Mekong Delta, Southern Vietnam
Contract type and duration: Full-time position for the period of 1 (one) year with a one month probation period
Location: The position will be based in An Giang with frequent travel to the targeted communities
Required language proficiency: Vietnamese and English
Nationality: The position is opened for Vietnamese nationals only
Starting date: Aug 2012
Roles and responsibilities
The Project Officer shall be responsible for supporting the host provincial Red Cross chapters and branches in the implementation of all activities of the project and in their monitoring.
In this capacity his/her specific duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Ensure that project activities are implemented in accordance with the approved project documents
- Ensure that the Project budget are spent in line with the approved activities
- Coordinate the daily management of planned activities in An Giang.
- Coordinate and supervise project assistants in the project implementation and monitoring
- Provide assistance in the financial management of the project
- Ensure compliance of administrative and financial procedures of GRC and its donors by the implementing partners
- Provide advice and updates in the project management and implementation
- Ensure that the donor ‘s requirement in procurement is strictly followed by the VNRC.
- Conduct research and assessments with solid methodology
- Provide guidance for provincial partners in data collection and monitoring techniques
- Provide assistance to VNRC partners to prepare high-quality reports.
- Liaise and network with relevant local actors and stakeholders in the field
- Ensure that all experiences and lessons learnt during the project course are well documented for the use in future VNRC and GRC activities,
- Ensure the visibility of the donors and the Red Cross while implementing the project
- To prepare intermediate and final narrative reports (in English) and assist the financial reports.
- Assist in translation and interpretation when necessary
- Essential requirements
- University degree in geography, disaster management, development studies, social studies, international relations or other relevant studies
- A three-year minimum project experience in the humanitarian/development sector with NGOs and/or governmental organizations
- Experienced in disaster management, disaster risk reduction, climate change adaptation, capacity building and community based approaches
- Experienced in project planning, implementation and management
- Previous dealings with governmental organizations working in Disaster Management/Disaster Response or related sectors
- Excellent command of written and spoken Vietnamese and English
- Good knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Ability and willingness to travel to the project sites
- Willingness to occasionally work outside of regular working hours.
- Experience of working in the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement or other humanitarian organizations
- Knowledge of Red Cross/Red Crescent principles and willingness to adhere to them
- Good interpersonal communication and negotiation skills
- Confident in representing the project among national and international stakeholders
- Able to work in a team or independently and in stressful situations
- Experience in training and organizing workshops/seminars
- Able to take initiatives, develop contacts and supervise people
- Excellent analytical skills
- Competency in MS Office programs, Word Processing, Excel, Power Point, etc.
Candidates interested are invited to send their applications no later than 5 Jul 2012 to:
German Red Cross
Country Office Vietnam
15 Thien Quang, Hanoi
Please note that only applications which are submitted in English shall be considered. Applicants should mention clearly that they are applying for the post of "Field Project Officer - 01". While German Red Cross appreciates all responses, only candidate under consideration shall be contacted. Those applicants who are not contacted by 5 July 2012 should consider their applications unsuccessful.