- All Jobs
- Finance Officer
- Programme Assistant
- Programme Coordinator
- Programme Manager
- Programme Officer
- Project Assistant
- Project Coordinator
- Project Manager
- Project Officer
- Technical Officer
Operations Translator (OT)
MAG is a mine action NGO established in England in 1989. MAG has operated in 35 countries and currently working in 16 countries. In Vietnam, MAG started operations in Quang Tri province in 1999 and in Quang Binh in 2003. After many years of successful operations, in May 2012, MAG expanded its programme to the new province of Quang Nam. Currently, we are recruiting the position of Operations Translator (OT). The OT ensures that translated the technical and non-technical information relating to the operations within the programme and reported according to International Sites Supervisor (ISS) requirements.
• Translate from English to Vietnamese and Vietnamese to English, oral or written documents as required.
• Is fully conversant with Standard Operating Procedures and guidelines/technical terms used in operations
• Is fully conversant with the terminology used, and should accompany the ISS during all operational visits unless otherwise directed
• Interprets & translates accurately and clearly in a firm/confident manner and accurate/on time when required.
• Verifies and checks information submitted by the Technical Operations Coordinator (TOC), Technical Supervisors, Community Liaison Officers and Team Leaders to ensure accurate reporting
• Liaises extensively via face to face, telephone, written and electronic contact with authorities, suppliers, other agencies and staff as assigned by ISS. This will include presenting information to MAG staff and other visitors.
• Carry out any other duties as requested by direct supervisor.
Note: This position will work and spend a long time in the field
- Good command of Vietnamese and English;
- Having the previous experience in interpreting for a foreign organisation
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team;
Interested candidates should send applications (CV in English plus motivation letters and copies of diplomas) to Mrs Mai Thi Thuy- MAG Quang Nam, No 48 Tran Phu Street, Tam Ky city, Quang Nam Province. Email: [email protected] before 7th June, 2013. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.