- All Jobs
- Finance Officer
- Programme Assistant
- Programme Coordinator
- Programme Manager
- Programme Officer
- Project Assistant
- Project Coordinator
- Project Manager
- Project Officer
- Technical Officer
Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Division: Vietnam Country Program
Please submit a cover letter with your resume describing your interest in this position and how you meet the requirements. Application materials must be submitted in English and applicants must have legal authorization to work in Vietnam to be considered and confirm this in their cover letter. PATH offers a highly dynamic work environment and provides competitive compensation and benefits based on experience. Salary and benefit package are paid in VND.
PATH is currently recruiting for a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager based in Hanoi, Vietnam, who will serve as key technical staff, responsible for leading M&E activities and supervising other M&E staff to ensure the timely and accurate collection of critical program data and the routine data analysis and utilization for reporting, planning, program improvement.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health. Working in Vietnam since the early 1980s, PATH established a permanent office in Hanoi in 1997 and an office in Ho Chi Minh City in 2014.
PATH is implementing a United States Agency for International Development (USAID) project entitled Healthy Markets with an overall goal to grow a viable commercial market for HIV related goods and services – such as HIV testing, pre-exposure prophylaxis, sexually transmitted infections, condoms, lubricants and needles and syringes – that is capable of meeting the needs of populations facing the greatest risks. The expected program will include a network of complementary partners to bring about changes that result in strengthened local leadership and capacity for comprehensive and effective programming and social marketing of critical HIV goods and services.
The M&E Manager will report to Deputy Program Director, and has key responsibilities as follows:
- Provide technical leadership and assistance in monitoring and evaluation of the project;
- Develop the overall framework for required M&E systems, including requirements, baseline and evaluation surveys;
- Develop and implement M&E reporting guidelines and systems designed to inform the direction of the project, including data quality and data use strategies;
- Ensure the alignment of research and M&E activities with program goals;
- Train program staff on M&E guidelines, survey instruments, data collection tools, and other tools required for project M&E;
- Work with project staff and partner institutions to build capacity in quality data management;
- Supervise other M&E staff involved in collecting and analyzing data and reporting results;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of a strategy for synthesizing and disseminating key results, programmatic lessons learned, methodologies developed and other research outputs of the program;
- Collaborate with counterparts and partner organizations, including other USAID programs, in work planning and program implementation;
- Develop a network of M&E and research consultants, institutions, and professional groups to facilitate ongoing work;
- Lead the development of the project operations research agenda and oversee research activities.
Required skills and experience:
- A minimum of Master Degree in public health, epidemiology, biostatistics or a related field;
- At least ten years related experience with at least five years of experience in monitoring and evaluating HIV programs in Vietnam;
- At least 3 years in a supervisory role;
- Demonstrated expertise with USAID M&E policies and procedures;
- Demonstrated capability in developing robust M&E frameworks for public health programs in developing countries;
- Demonstrated capacity to use project M&E to advance strategic goals and provide data for decision-making;
- Substantial knowledge on quantitative research methods, sampling techniques, data analysis and interpretation, and applied knowledge of qualitative research methodologies;
- Competency in training and capacity-building required;
- Skill in data quality assurance desired;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent computer skills, including data software, such as SPSS/EPI and experience with GIS mapping and infographics preferred;
- Excellent English language skills, to include reading, writing and speaking as well as strong presentation skills;
- Knowledge of USAID data collection and reporting requirements is highly desirable;
- Experience developing study design and methodology including sampling procedures, assisting with implementation, analysis and write-up to inform policy is preferred;
- Experience in private sector is highly desirable;
- Authorization to work in Vietnam.
Must have legal authorization to work in Vietnam
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applications are made online. For a full job description and to apply online, please access via this link (https://bit.ly/2ZDhoOD) or visit PATH website (www.path.org) then go to (Careers/Search Job Listings/Asia/Monitoring & Evaluation). Deadline for applications: September 7th, 2019