- All Jobs
- Finance Officer
- Programme Assistant
- Programme Coordinator
- Programme Manager
- Programme Officer
- Project Assistant
- Project Coordinator
- Project Manager
- Project Officer
- Technical Officer
Finance & Human Resources Manager
USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (PSM)
JOB DESCRIPTION/SCOPE OF WORK
Chemonics International seeks a Finance & Human Resources Manager (based in Hanoi, Vietnam) to support USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program - Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project
TITLE: Finance & Human Resources Manager
PROJECT: USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) Vietnam
Background: The purpose of the USAID Global Health Supply Chain (GHSC) – Procurement and Supply Management (PSM) project is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities in support of USG-funded public health initiatives around the world. The project provides direct procurement and supply chain management support to the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR), the President’s Malaria Initiative (PMI), and Population and Reproductive Health. In supporting USG-funded global health activities, GHSC-PSM will develop and manage a wide array of services for health commodity procurement and related systems strengthening technical assistance encompassing different elements of a comprehensive supply chain.
At the country level, GHSC-PSM supports country strategies and priorities that fall under the following three project objectives:
- Global Commodity Procurement and Logistics
- Systems Strengthening Technical Assistance
- Global Collaboration to Improve Long-Term Availability of Health Commodities.
The Finance & Human Resources Manager will manage all aspects of finance, accounting and human resources necessary to implement project activities in Vietnam.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
Finance & accountings
- Provide oversight to day-to-day operations to include efficient process flows and controls over payments, cash transfers and other cash journal entries
- Monitor cash Inflow/Outflow, forecast and fund request
- Coordinate banking operations and maintain liaison with the bank. Ensure bank and cash accounts are reconciled in a timely manner
- Ensure all expenditures are justified and substantiated adequately
- Oversee/ calculate tax declaration and process any tax payments, when appropriate
- Prepare and maintain all the project financial reporting for the Vietnamese authorities
- Ensure that all financial transactions and practices related to PSM activities in Vietnam adhere to USAID and Government of Vietnam regulations
- Oversee/manage expenses input into ABACUS (PSM accounting system)
- Manage petty cash
- Oversee the purchase of office supplies and other small to mid-size procurements
- Prepare and submit monthly/yearly/ad-hoc financial reports to the home office and donors; respond to questions from home office accounting unit and project management unit
- Maintain transparent and audit-proof record keeping systems per PSM’s policies
- Provide financial trainings/ orientations to ensure that staff are aware of and comply with Finance policies and procedures
- Submit recommendations for standard exchange rate to home office every month
- Maintain good knowledge and understanding of all office rules and procedures as set forth in the field office policy manual
- Produce and/or provide inputs on annual work-plan, annual budget, routine and ad-hoc reports requested by donor/s and the Home Office
- Support the achievement of the overall project goals as required to ensure project performance
- Maintain effective working relationship with donor, government partners and other stakeholders
- Manage other team member/s to ensure smooth team performance
- Perform other tasks as directed by Country Director.
- Coordinate the recruitment processes in compliance with Chemonics established procedures including but not limited to shortlisting, interview questions, and conducting reference checks, negotiating offers of employment, collecting required documentation from candidates and preparing agreements.
- Confirm all new hire paperwork is submitted and personnel files are complete and compliant with Chemonics policy, local labor laws, and USAID regulations
- Support all onboarding processes. Ensure new hires are provided with adequate training and orientation regarding the project and relevant Chemonics policies in order to perform the job to the best of their ability.
- Work closely with the Country Director on staff communication, including policy updates, project initiatives for staff, and labor law compliance.
- Manage and administer benefits according to appropriate plans and labor law requirements, bringing any requirement changes to the Country Director.
- Coordinate annual performance assessment process, ensuring procedures are communicated to staff and followed accordingly.
- Ensure employee manuals are up to date, and communicate changes when applicable.
- Directly supervise finance staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skills, and/or abilities needed to perform the principal duties.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, economics or other relevant field; advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in program administrative and finance management;
- Previous professional experience with international donor programs;
- In depth knowledge of the operating environment and employment regulations in Vietnam;
- Results-oriented professional capable of achieving targets and goals set in cooperation with the client, counterparts, and stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to work productively within a team;
- Possess excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, with demonstrated diplomacy and the ability to communicate effectively in a cross-cultural environment.
- Computer skills including strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Office applications.
- Fluency in Vietnamese and English is required
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment
- This is a long-term position for the life of the contract based in Hanoi, Vietnam.
The Finance & Human Resources Manager will report directly to the Country Director.
Send electronic submissions to [email protected] by 25th Aug 2019 with only "Finance & Human Resources Manager" in the subject line. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors