- All Jobs
- Finance Officer
- Programme Assistant
- Programme Coordinator
- Programme Manager
- Programme Officer
- Project Assistant
- Project Coordinator
- Project Manager
- Project Officer
- Technical Officer
Field Support Officer - Sustainable COFFEE/REDD+
Field Support Officer - Sustainable COFFEE/REDD+ in Lam Dong
Background and rationale
SNV Netherlands Development Organisation (SNV) is a non-profit, international development organization founded 53 years ago, and now operating in 28 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America. Our global team of local and international advisors use their expertise in three sectors – Agriculture, Renewable Energy and Water, Sanitation and Hygiene – as well as the cross-cutting topics of gender, climate change and youth employment to contribute to solving some of the leading problems facing the world today. We work with local partners to equip communities, businesses and organizations with the tools, knowledge and connections they need to increase and gain access to basic services – empowering them to break the cycle of poverty and guide their own development.
SNV has been working in Vietnam since 1995, and currently has over 30 national and international staff. SNV Vietnam operates from a head office in Hanoi and projects in over 50 provinces in the country, including in the poorest and most remote areas.
SNV Vietnam is now seeking a dynamic and highly motivated Field Support Officer to support the implementation of a project aiming to reduce deforestation and degradation by addressing the conversion of forest to agriculture through promoting sustainable coffee production in a priority conservation landscape in Lam Dong province, the Central Highlands. The project will work to achieve these objectives through three key approaches: (1) Strengthening inter-agency (public sector) coordination and institutional capacity for integrated climate smart landscape planning and management; (2) Engaging the private sector to invest in establishing and maintaining effective monitoring and traceability systems, including formal agreements between all stakeholders, in order to address deforestation in coffee supply chains; (3) Supporting local farm households to improve coffee farm management practices, implement sustainable agroforestry models, gain improved access to finance and investments to rejuvenate their farms.
The Field Support Officer will be based in Da Lat, supporting the project manager and field project coordinator, and will be responsible for supporting the day to day implementation of the project on the ground, working closely with local government project partners, key stakeholders (such as companies, NGOs, development partner agencies at province, district, and commune level etc.) and local village communities.
Preparing activity work plans, budgets and expense reports
- Align with project team to assist the Project Manager with deployment work plans and activities
- Support preparation of activity budgets
- Support finalization of expense reports for uploading to accounting system
Organizing project activities/field work
- Conduct regular field visits to project site and update the project manager with the progress of project activities in the field.
- Participate in monitoring and evaluation.
- Identify training and development needs of beneficiaries working on Café REDD projects to report project manager
- Attend and facilitate for project meetings with partners and stakeholders in the village, commune
- Identify venues for workshops, collect quotations, arrange contracts in line with relevant SNV procedures and cost norms under the guidance of the Project Assistant, Procurement Officer and Project Manager
Accounting and book-keeping tasks
- Under the guidance of the Project Accountant, Project Assistant and Project Manager:
- Collect quotations, invoices and other financial documents such as workshop participant lists, hotel room lists etc
- Record financial transactions of project activities
- Prepare and check monthly, quarterly and annual project financial accounts
- Develop forecasts and project depletion reports for project activities
Supporting project Communications
- Prepare brief reports on project component progress and activities
- Take photos in support of project communications
Other tasks as required by the Project Manager.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, rural development or similar fields
- At least 3 years’ experience working in agriculture and rural development, agroforestry project, or land use management
- Specific working knowledge and professional experience of the coffee sector and/or the Central Highlands region will be a distinct advantage
- Understanding of project implementation, execution, procedures, administrative systems, M&E systems and finance processes
- Experience in organizing and deploying field activities such as surveys, trainings, agriculture extension, community development activities
- Ability to work independently and be a good in team player
- Adequate understanding of financial and accounting procedures
- Good communication skills in English and Vietnamese
- Good computer skills in MS-applications (Word, Excel, Internet, Email, Power Points).
- Field work experience with INGO is an advantage
One-year employment contract with the possibility of extension and a competitive salary package
Desired start date: As soon as possible.
Duty station: Da Lat with frequent travel to field sites in Lac Duong and potentially other field locations
How to apply?
Please send your application letter and CV, to SmartRecruiter by 24th July 2019.
Applications will be reviewed and interviews conducted on a rolling basis to identify appropriate candidates as soon as possible. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. For more information on SNV, please refer to our website: www.snvworld.org
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement.