- All Jobs
- Finance Officer
- Programme Assistant
- Programme Coordinator
- Programme Manager
- Programme Officer
- Project Assistant
- Project Coordinator
- Project Manager
- Project Officer
- Technical Officer
Communications and Business Development Officer
Title: Communications Officer
Location: Hanoi, Vietnam
Division: Vietnam Country Program
Please submit a cover letter with your resume describing your interest in this position and how you meet the requirements, and a relevant writing sample. Application materials must be submitted in English. PATH offers a highly dynamic work environment and provides competitive compensation and local benefits for eligible employees, based on experience. Salary and the benefit package are paid in VND. Applicants, preferably native English speakers, with legal work authorization in Vietnam are invited to apply. If necessary, PATH will provide support for non-nationals to obtain required legal authorization to work.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide. PATH’s work in Vietnam began in 1980 with a project to improve local condom manufacturing capacity. Over the years we broadened our focus from contraceptive technologies to wider health issues, and our current focus areas include vaccine preventable disease, infectious diseases, non-communicable diseases, and antimicrobial resistance and infection prevention and control.
PATH is seeking to locally recruit a Communications and Business Development Officer to provide technical support to Vietnam project teams on internal and external communications and business development. This position will report to the Vietnam Country Director.
- Participates in developing the strategic communication and business development plan and activities to promote program goals, positioning PATH and seek business development opportunities
- Oversee the development of the communications activities for PATH's program in Vietnam that includes printed material, web-based information, and prioritization of meeting and conference presentation/attendance.
- Coordinating the development and dissemination of information on PATH's work in Vietnam to external audiences
- Reviewing and updating information from Vietnam on PATH's internal and external websites
- Working with project teams to prepare and/or review donor and technical reports and other documentation in English, including correspondence
- Providing guidance to project teams on the planning and coordination of project activities and work plans, particularly activities involving a communication or advocacy component. Supporting preparation of concepts and proposals, coordinating for new business development opportunities
- Supporting program teams to identify and track funding opportunities and trends
- Representing PATH at partner meetings, workshops and conferences
Required Experiences and Skills:
- Advanced degree in public health, international development, communication, or journalism
- 2 years of relevant, demonstrated experience working in communications, advocacy, or reporting, especially related to health, development, technology, or related field
- Experience working in multi-cultural environment; international experience a plus
- Experience writing in a range of styles and formats
- Knowledge of global public health-focused donors and stakeholders, and business development and proposal writing experience desirable
- An understanding of the Vietnam cultural and socio-economic context required; understanding of the Vietnamese health system/health-related experience in Vietnam strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to write both technical and non-technical documents in English, including learning about and translating complex concepts into accessible, interesting copy and adjusting writing styles for different audiences and platforms
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in multi-cultural teams
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and requests and prioritize accordingly
- Fluent English speaker with excellent written and speaking skills (preferably native speaker)
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- High level of IT competency with the ability to create attractive communications materials, using Word and PowerPoint at a minimum.
Must have legal authorization to work in Vietnam.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
HOW TO APPLY:
All applications are made online. For a full job description and to apply online, please access via this link https://bit.ly/2Zg97j5 or visit PATH website (www.path.org) then go to (Careers/Search Job Listings/Asia/Global Health Programs.) Deadline for applications: July 10th, 2019.