Program 135 Phase II and INGO Involvement
Program 135 Phase II (P135-II) is a five-year poverty reduction programme of the Government of Vietnam, implemented between 2006 and 2010. P135-II targets 1,644 poor and mountainous communes in 45 provinces that are home to the majority of Vietnam’s ethnic minorities. Its budget is approximately $800 million and activities are grouped according to four broad components: basic infrastructure, improved and market-oriented agriculture production, improved socio-cultural livelihoods through better access to social services, and capacity building for officials at all levels to better implement the program. The State Committee for Ethnic Minority Affairs (CEMA) is the lead agency assigned to coordinate and oversee implementation, with several ministries participating in different aspects of the programme.
The NGO Resource Centre and the Ethnic Minorities Working Group (EMWG) are collaborating with CEMA, the United Nations Development Programme project VIE 02/001-SEDEMA, and related ministries and provinces on international NGO (INGO) involvement in P135-II.
See the Ethnic Minorities Working Group page on this website for the latest information on the Working Group's P135-II activities.
- Communication Strategy and Action Plan of Program 135 Phase II (English version)
- Need assessment and Communication Capacity of Stakeholders in Program 135 Phase II (English version)
- Need assessment and Communication capacity of Stakeholders in Program 135 Phase II (Vietnamese version
- Research to Propose Criteria Guidelines for Commune Investment Ownership in Program 135 Phase II (English version)
- Research to Propose Criteria Guidelines for Commune Investment Ownership in Program 135 Phase II (Vietnamese version)
- Program 135 Phase II Work Plan 2007 (English)
- Program 135 Phase II Work Plan 2007 (Vietnamese)
- Project VIE 02/001 - SEDEMA's workplan