Project Officer on Improving the Maternal and Newborn health through Scaling up the Household to Hospital Continuum of Care Approach (HHCC) - AP2
Save the Children in Vietnam (SC) works to promote every child’s rights to survival, protection, participation and development as set forth in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child. The current programme focuses on the following core sectors: Health and Nutrition; HIV/AIDS prevention; Care and support; Education; Child protection; Child-focused emergency preparedness and response; Child rights agenda, including Civil society development, Economic opportunities, Child poverty Research, and Advocacy for child-friendly development policy and practice.
Vacancy: Project Officer on Improving the Maternal and Newborn health through Scaling up the Household to Hospital Continuum of Care Approach (HHCC) - AP2.
Based in Ho Chi Minh City
They are looking for a qualified Vietnamese National for the position of Project Officer, a member of Health & Nutrition project aims to support in managing and implementing health programmes in southern provinces, focus on projects in Vinh Long province.
Project Officer is responsible for ensuring effective project implementation and achieving project objective in close coordination with partners by providing technical supports, conducing regular monitoring and reporting on the progress. The responsibilities include project design and planning, financial management, and partner management.
- Medical Doctor (MD), Obstetric/Gynaecologic (Obs/Gyn), Pediatrician and Master of Public Health (MPH) are preferable or
- University degree in health related fields such as Medical Doctor, Public Health
2. Working Experience
- Three years working experience with health project, Maternal and Children Health field is preferable
- Three years working experience with international organizations; preferably in NGOs
- Knowledge of progressive health and medical approaches for public health
- Experience in maternal and neonatal health care programming is highly desirable
- Skillful in facilitation, training, and program planning, design, monitoring and evaluation, reporting
- Proven track record in writing proposals and preparing budgets
- Good skills in English speaking and writing
- Good communication skills, skillful and positive attitude to team work
- Experience in working with government counterparts and community based intervention
- Good computer skills; MS office, excel and SPSS.
A full job description is available at the website:
Closing date for application is 5 pm on 25th August 2009.
Please send CV and a completed application form, details of three references and a covering letter addressing the list of key competencies in English by post to: Save the Children - 26 Dang Tat, Tan Dinh Ward, District 1, HCMC or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.