Project Interpreter cum Assistant
The Agriculture and Rural Development Sector Programme Support (ARD SPS) 2007-2012 is sponsored by the Danish International Development Assistance Agency (DANIDA) for the duration of 5 years of 2007-2012 with the purpose of “reducing rural poverty, especially among the ethnic minorities, through sustainable agricultural and rural development focusing on the uplands”. The Central Component includes two outputs: (i) Policy and Strategy Development implemented by the Institute of Policy and Strategy for Agriculture and Rural Development (IPSARD), and (ii) Innovative Approaches for Sustainable Upland Livelihoods done by the Department of Science and Technology (DST).
In order to deploy the Programme Central Component, the Central Component Management Unit (CCMU) is looking for experienced and qualified Vietnamese candidates for the following position:
01 PROJECT INTERPRETER CUM ASSISTANT
- Interpret bilingual communication at meetings, workshops, training courses, field trips and others as assigned by the CCMU managers;
- Translate documents and reports assigned by the CCMU managers;
- Assist the CCMU and the international advisor in preparing plans and logistics, organising workshops, trainings, trips, etc.
- University degree (good ranking or above) in English and proficiency in English;
- At least 2 year working experience in similar positions, experience with ODA projects, working and/or studying in English speaking country are preferable;
- Good skills in MS Office software is essential;
- Knowledge and experience in the field of rural development, agriculture and rural policy formulation and research is preferred;
- Good team work and communication skills.
- The positions will be based in Hanoi with possible travels to programme sites.
Interested candidates please submit your letter of application (kindly state clearly in the envelop and/or subject of email: “Application for.....”), a detailed CV in English with recent passport-size photos and contact numbers, and copies of degrees and certificates to the below address by 31st August 2009
Ms. Pham Thanh Van, CCMU - ARD SPS 2007-12,
Institute of Policy and Strategy for Agriculture and Rural Development
No. 6 Nguyen Cong Tru St., Hanoi; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org