People's Participation Working Group
The People's Participation Working Group (PPWG) was established in 1999. It is an informal network that acts as a forum for organisations and professionals - such as donors, government employees, NGOs, project managers, consultants and researchers - to exchange information and ideas on issues relating to people’s participation, grassroots democracy and civil society. The PPWG is open to all who are interested in contributing to sharing information and carrying out joint goals and objectives.
As a partnership group, it provides inputs to the Vietnam Consultative Group, the high-level meeting held twice a year between the Vietnamese Government and the donor community.
The overall goal of the People's Participation Working Group is to promote people's participation in the development and poverty reduction process of Vietnam. The specific objectives of the group are to:
- Enhance exchange of information and coordination amongst PPWG members.
- Advocate and promote an enabling environment for effective people's participation in the development and poverty reduction process of Vietnam.
- Facilitate dialogue and improved understanding of people's participation experiences and lessons learned among different stakeholders (state, civil society, international organisations, donor community).
Click here to join the People's Participation Working Group Mailing List.
Ms Nguyen Thi Bich Diep, Chairperson
Papers and Resources
- PPWG Strategy 2008-2010
- PPWG Activity Plan 2008-2010
- PPWG Steering Committee Operational Plan 2007-2010 (EN)
- PPWG Steering Committee Operational Plan 2007-2010 (VN)
- PPWG-Related Legal Documents