The project "Improving quality basic education for ethnic minority children in three disadvantaged provinces in Vietnam” is a joint project of the Save the Children and implemented in cooperation with the Ministry of Education and Training (Department of the Ethnic minority education as the lead agency) in the three provinces of Yen Bai, Quang Tri and Dien Bien. The project is funded by a grant from the Japanese Social Development Fund (JSDF Grant No. TF093411), a trust fund managed by the World Bank. The total grant is USD1,809,000. The overall objective of the project is to assist the government of Vietnam in supporting children aged 5–14 from ethnic minority communities in three provinces of Vietnam to complete a quality primary education and continue their education in lower secondary school.
Vacancy: Technical Consultant specialized in curriculum contextualization
Work location: Hanoi and project sites
The project is looking for a dynamic Vietnamese citizen for the position of Technical Consultant specialized in curriculum contextualization – Project “Improving quality basic education for ethnic minority children in three disadvantaged provinces in Vietnam”
The main task of this consultant is to work closely with project partners and other consultant to i) review the existing primary curriculum and identify needs for adaptation to meet the different needs of ethnic minority students in project areas and ii) provide technical support to teachers in analyzing issues related to existing curriculum which are obstacles to improving children’s learning outcome and iii) provide technical support to teachers in the development and use of contextualized teaching and learning materials. The overall objective is to improve quality basic education especially primary education, and smooth transitions from preschool to primary and from primary to lower secondary school. The consultant also has to ensure the harmonisation with other components contributing the project’s successful implementation.
• Master Degree in education, especially in primary education
• Experience/knowledge on inclusive education is essential
• Minimum 5 years experience in education projects, especially for disadvantaged areas
• Experience of curriculum contextualization, materials development
• Demonstrated experience in training design, training skills, implementation monitoring and evaluation
• Working knowledge of education policies and practice, especially in primary education
• Experience to work with central government partners, especially with Ministry of Education and Training
• Strong communication, facilitation and teamwork skills
• Computer literate is a must and be able to self- service for routine office purposes
• English skill is preferable
• A proven commitment to children’s rights and equality of opportunity
• This appointment is of 10 month duration, based on the World Bank consultant contract.
• Time: the consultant will not work over 15 days/month
• Other conditions: Start date: ASAP or in August 2012.
• Travel: This post is based in Hanoi city with frequent travels to project locations
Please send CV and a completed application form, details of three references and a covering letter addressing the list of competencies to: HR section, Save the Children - E3, Ngoai Giao Doan Trung Tu, 6 Dang Van Ngu - Dong Da, Hanoi or by Email: Vietnam.HR@savethechildren.org
The SC application form is available at the website: http://savethechildrenvietnam.wordpress.com/vacancy
The closing date for application is 8am on 9 July 2012. Applications will be treated in confidence. Due to the volume of applications we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted and CVs cannot be returned.
Save the Children is an equal opportunities employer. Our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children from abuse, and our people are as diverse as the challenge we face.
We welcome applications from all qualified candidates, regardless of age, disability, HIV/AIDS status, race, national origin, religion, or sexual orientation.