Senior Technical Advisor, Supply Planning and Budgeting
Management Sciences for Health is currently seeking a highly qualified Senior Technical Advisor, Supply Planning and Budgeting for its SCMS Project. MSH is a U.S. based NGO whose mission is saving lives and improving the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. In Vietnam, MSH is the implementing partner for the Supply Chain Management System (SCMS) project, which is providing quality medicines for people living with and affected by HIV and AIDS, under the U.S. President’s Plan for Emergency AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). SCMS will strengthen secure, reliable, cost-effective, and sustainable supply chains capable of meeting the care and treatment needs of people living with and affected by HIV and AIDS. In coordination with in-country and international partners, SCMS will assist programs to enhance their supply chain capacity; ensure that accurate supply chain information is collected, shared, and used; and provide quality, affordable, health care products to those who need them. To learn more about the SCMS project, please visit www.scms.pfscm.org
The Senior Technical Advisor, Supply Chain Planning & Budgeting supports SCMS technical activities in Vietnam geared to assist HIV/AIDS patients. He or she works closely with the Deputy Director, SCMS, Vietnam to strengthen the pharmaceutical supply chain management system in support of the U.S. President’s Emergency Program for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR). Following are over all responsibilities of Senior Technical Advisor,
- To manage & supervise the supply chain planning activities of SCMS-procured HIV AIDS related pharmaceuticals and medical supplies and their in-country distribution.
- To coordinate with Ministry of Health (MoH), partners, donors and other stakeholders for designing, development and approval of long term and short term supply chain plans & budgets.
- To develop the capacity of MoH at central and regional levels for supply chain planning activities of HIV AIDS related Pharmaceuticals and supplies.
- To coordinate with technical team members and other stake holders in the development and strengthening of HIV AIDS related pharmaceutical & supplies planning & budgeting system of Ministry of Health, Vietnam.
S/he will be responsible for,
- Supervise the supply chain planning team for day to day activities related to supply chain planning of pharmaceuticals & supplies i.e. operation and system strengthening.
Provide them technical support to perform their duties according to organizational policies, procedures and guidelines to ensure the timely availability of all pharmaceuticals and supplies at central and site levels.
- Manage their timesheets, performance reviews and other management activities on periodic basis according to organizational policies and procedures.
- Ensure the revision and availability of work instructions, SOPs and other policy material to all the team members and support them to comply with these defined parameters.
- Coordinate with management to develop the annual work plan and budget for supply chain planning related activities on periodic basis.
- Ensure the implementation of approved work plan in coordination with all the team members, other departments, management and other stakeholders i.e. government, semi-government, partners and donors.
- Support government, partners, donors and other stakeholders to develop long term supply chain plans for HIV AIDS related pharmaceuticals and supplies.
- Coordinate with government, partners, donors and other stakeholders to develop the annual supply chain plan on the basis of long term plans and strategies according to schedule defined in policies and procedures.
- Support the government, partners and other stakeholder to facilitate the approval of their annual supply chain plans.
- Lead the team to design, develop and manage the supply chain planning data base on continuous basis according to organizational policies, procedures, guidelines and work instructions.
- Ensure the data availability and quality by performing the supervisory checks and continuous capacity building of staff for data collection, tabulation and analysis.
- Supervise the review & analysis of data required for periodic order planning as per schedule, standard operating procedures and guidelines.
- Coordinate with government, partners, donors and other stakeholders to develop the consensus upon the quantities need to be ordered for respective time period.
- Coordinate with other relevant internal and external team members to finalize the scheduled orders need to be placed at respective time lines.
- Coordinate with the government, partners and other stakeholders to review and analyze the logistic data to ensure the availability of HIV AIDS related pharmaceuticals and supplies at the facility level on periodic basis.
- Coordinate and supervise the designing & development of periodic distribution plans on the basis consensus developed among all the stake holders.
- Follow-up the approval and execution process of distribution plan developed in coordination with all the stakeholders.
- Manage the internal and external capacity development process to improve the skills of government, semi government and project staff in supply chain planning related activities of pharmaceuticals and supplies.
- Support technical team to define the supply chain planning related strategy design in coordination with the Ministry of Health Vietnam counterparts at central and regional levels.
- Coordinate with Ministry of Health and technical team to define the policies, procedures and framework for supply chain planning related activities.
- Conduct capacity building activities i.e. formal trainings, informal trainings, seminar and workshops etc. for government, semi government and project counterparts & other staff at central and regional levels for supply chain planning of HIV AIDS related pharmaceuticals and supplies.
- Support the MoH to design and implement pilot and general roll out plans at central and regional levels regarding supply chain planning of HIV AIDS related pharmaceuticals and supplies.
- Provide supportive supervision to the government, semi government & project staff to improve the quality of supply chain planning processes and their performances.
f-Monitoring & Evaluation
- Coordinate with M& E team and management to define the indicators to measure the performance of supply chain planning activities internal and external levels.
- In coordination with all team members design the data recording, analysis and reporting system for supply chain planning activities.
- Manage the collection and reporting of supply chain planning performance related data to M&E team members for further analysis and reporting.
- Participate in periodic performance improvement meetings with management to receive the feedback and design the strategy to improve the performance of supply chain planning related activities.
- Provide adequate feed back to the supply chain planning team members regarding the performance of program and strategies for improvement.
- Facilitate the management for in depth researches and other monitoring and evaluation activities related to supply chain planning.
- Coordinate with government, partners and donors to facilitate the supply chain planning activities according to defined plan and schedule.
- Participate in meeting, workshops and seminars to align the supply chain planning operational and system strengthening activities with government and organizational, plans, policies and procedures.
- Coordinate with other team supervisor to align departmental activities in order to achieve the short term and long term objectives.
- Facilitate communication with internal and external members, partners, donors and government agencies according to the management direction, organizational policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Share the supply chain planning activities related reports with internal and external stakeholders with necessary approvals and according to standard policies and procedure.
- Conduct all other duties assigned by senior management on time to time and need basis.
- University degree in pharmacy, with multiple years of experience in Pharmaceutical Supply chain management & system strengthening preferably in Vietnam or developing countries;
- Significant experience in Supply chain planning & budgeting i.e. Forecasting (long term & short term), Order planning, Distribution planning, inventory management, supply chain information management;
- Knowledge of US Government-funded programs and experience managing relationships with USAID missions preferred;
- Proven programmatic, technical, and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with professional colleagues in a broad range of governmental organizations and Implementing Partners;
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communications, teamwork and partnering abilities;
- Demonstrate excellent English language skills (both written and oral) with the ability to conduct business;
- Demonstrated computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point
- Willing to travel across the country (30%)
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled person.
Note: There are no relocation allowances for this position.
To apply for this position (deadline: 8th June 2012), please send cover letter and CV via email, fax or regular mail to:
MSH/SCMS Project – Senior Technical Advisor – Supply Chain Planning and Budgeting Position
25 Bui Thi Xuan
Fax: + 84 4 3 945-4563
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.