- All Jobs
- Finance Officer
- Programme Assistant
- Programme Coordinator
- Programme Manager
- Programme Officer
- Project Assistant
- Project Coordinator
- Project Manager
- Project Officer
- Technical Officer
Senior Development Officer
The Development Section of the Canadian Embassy in Hanoi is seeking a highly qualified and capable individual to fill the position of Senior Development Officer based in Hanoi, please click the link for Term Of Reference.
- Reporting to the Counsellor, Development, and as part of a team comprising Vietnamese and Canadian staff, the Senior Development Officer is primarily responsible for:
- Managing bilateral development project(s) funded by Global Affairs Canada as assigned by the Counsellor (Development) and reporting on results;
- Ensuring the regular monitoring, auditing, evaluation of funded projects as required;
- Monitoring other Canada-funded development projects and reporting on progress;
- Proactively keeping abreast of developments and trends relating to their area of work;
- Drafting briefing notes, speeches, reports, strategies, and communications content;
- Contributing to thematic or program level strategic discussions and/or documents;
- Providing timely input to corporate exercises, including those related to disbursements, project pipelines, results reporting, and fact-checking;
- Maintaining good relationships with project partners, assisting them as required with project management issues;
- Establishing and maintaining a wide network of contacts working in similar fields;
- Working collaboratively with colleagues within the Development Section, with other Embassy sections, Headquarters colleagues, and contracted specialists;
- Translation/interpretation English-Vietnamese when required; and
- Organizing and setting up events and meetings.
Education: Master’s degree from a recognized university in a field relevant to the position, such as (but not limited to): public administration/policy; economics; sociology; political science; international affairs/development/business; environmental studies
Language: High level of proficiency in English (reading, writing and speaking); and Native fluency in Vietnamese (reading, writing and speaking)
- At least ten (10) years of work experience in managing international development assistance projects or programs, including direct responsibility for the management of project budgets and contractual agreements;
- At least six (6) years of experience working in an Embassy or an international organization;
- At least six (6) years of combined experience as a subject matter expert on one or more of the following issue areas: (1) inclusive and democratic governance; (2) climate change / green growth; (3) women’s rights and empowerment; or (4) post-secondary skills development.
- Experience actively participating in, or leading, strategic and program planning exercises;
- Experience using results-based management frameworks; and
- Experience with information management and in using a wide range of software applications.
How to apply
To obtain a copy of the Terms of Reference, please send an email to: Ms. Tran Lan Huong (firstname.lastname@example.org). Send your application (Cover Letter and Resume) by email to: email@example.com with quote the competition number ‘HANOI-DEV-LE09-2017’ in the subject of the email. Applications can be submitted in English or in French. Closing date for submissions: Tuesday, April 6, 2017 at 5:00 pm. All applications must be received by the closing date to receive consideration.