The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) was established on 1st January 2011. It brings together under one roof the long-standing expertise of the German Development Service (DED), the German Technical Cooperation (GTZ) and InWEnt – Capacity Building International, Germany. As a federally owned enterprise, it supports the German Government in achieving its objectives in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development. We are also engaged in international education work around the globe.
For many years, Viet Nam has been a priority partner country for German Development Cooperation. Projects and programmes cover the following three priority areas of cooperation, which are closely interlinked with the overarching goal of Poverty Reduction: 1) Sustainable Economic Development and Vocational Training; 2) Environmental Policy, Natural Resources and Urban Development; and 3) Health.
Since 2006 GIZ has co-operated with the Ministry of Health Vietnam to prepare the implementation of the technical components of a new Germany supported development programme in the provinces Phu Yen, Thanh Hoa and Yen Bai. It aims to improve the health status of the people in poor and remote provinces. This health program will have 2 financial cooperation (FC) components and 3 technical cooperation (TC) components. Its overall objective is:
“The population, particularly the poor and disadvantaged, in the selected provinces has better access to decentralized quality-assured and demand-oriented health services of the provincial health systems”
The TC programme’s overall objective is:
The capacity of the human resources of the provincial health systems meets the required standards and needs of the target population with the following specific component objectives:
1. Provincial Health system planning and management at all levels is improved
2. The quality of selected preventive health services is improved.
3. The quality of priority curative health services, especially for women, is increased at provincial and district hospitals, as well as commune health centers
GIZ Health Program is seeking one professional and dynamic Vietnamese candidate for the following position:
Duty station: Yen Bai province
Main areas of responsibility
Together with the international expert the employee will
- Coordinate all activities related to planning, implementation monitoring and evaluation of the program and its 3 components at province and district level
- Act as liaison officer between the GIZ office in the province and the Vietnamese project partners to facilitate the implementation of the programme.
- Assist the GIZ Senior Technical Adviser (STA) in his/her duties, especially in supervision, monitoring and integration of the 3 programme components’ activities.
- Integrated achieved results and experiences into a joint team product of all stakeholders involved
- Be responsible for a close and good working relation between the provincial and the central programme office as well as the partners at district and communal level
- Deputize the GIZ STA during his/her absence from the provincial programme office
- University degree in Health, Public Health or health related sector
- At least 2 years of working experience in international cooperation and project implementation, including preferably familiarity with the EU supported projects in the health sector
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written Vietnamese and English;
- Excellent leadership and managerial skills with proven track record as a successful team leader and cross-team/functional relationship skills;
- Understanding of the local health situation.
- Proficiency in computer skills utilizing word processing, spreadsheet software programs and e-mail/internet (e.g. MS Office, MS Word, MS Excel and Outlook/explorer.
Successful candidate will enjoy good working conditions in a friendly and creative working environment, a clear career path with opportunities for promotion, competitive benefits and compensation as well as excellent policies of training and development.
Interested, qualified candidates are invited to send their application in English, including copies of relevant certificates and references, either by email or by post, to the following address before 01st February 2012.
GIZ Office Hanoi
6th Floor Hanoi Towers, 49 Hai Ba Trung Street, Hanoi, Vietnam
Note: Please state “Application for position of Project Officer for the Health Programme” on the envelope or in the subject line.Only short-listed candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks after the deadline. Tel contact is not encouraged.
GIZ – YOUR PARTNER FOR A BETTER FUTURE
(for further information please visit our website www.giz.de/vietnam)