CARE International in Vietnam is a Non-Government Organization representing the CARE International network in Vietnam since 1989. CARE in Vietnam’s Program Strategy is explicitly oriented around achieving impacts for particularly vulnerable and marginalised groups in Vietnam. To achieve this, we work with Vietnamese partners across sectors such as health services, rural livelihood development, disaster risk reduction and climate change adaptation. We recognise that women’s empowerment is a critical pathway for poverty reduction and place women and girls from marginalised population groups at the heart of our programming efforts.
CARE in Vietnam is looking for an experienced and qualified Vietnamese to fill in Project Manager position for the community-based disaster risk management project based in An Giang province.
Position title: Project Manager
Reporting to: South Coordinator
Contract: From start working day to June 2013
Base in: An Giang with travel to project sites as required
** Position Summary
The Project Manager is responsible for day-to-day administrative, financial and programmatic management, monitoring, and reporting of the project. The Project Manager works closely with local authorities and partner organizations, technical advisors and project staff.
- Ensure effective and efficient project implementation and partnership with all stakeholders;
- Provide guidance for all project activities through the development of appropriate management tools including costed worked plan (CWP);
- Work closely with the respective partners during the implementation of specific activities;
- Work with the partners to ensure a high level visibility and branding in all appropriate activities;
- Ensure timely production of project narrative reports as per the donor/CVN schedule, and all other official documentation as defined by the project;
- Assist in preparing financial project reports;
- Update project status lists and other information about the project following CARE management rule and procedure;
- Review and arrange approval and acquittal of contracts and payments in accordance with CARE in Vietnam rules and procedures;
- Ensure compliance with CARE in Vietnam and donor regulation of accounting and asset management;
- Establish the project monitoring and evaluation system in accordance with project document/guideline; and
- Plan, arrange and support external and internal reviews and evaluations of the project.
This position is also a member of the CVN Emergency Response Team. As such, it is responsible to:
- Assist in building the capacity of CARE staff in emergency response
- Stay abreast of emergency related developments
The incumbent might be further called upon:
- Assist in developing a strategy on enhanced emergency response capacity for CARE Vietnam
- Assist in the coordination of emergency response in case emergencies occur, in close cooperation with Emergency Team Leader, South Coordinator, Deputy Director –Program and Country Director.
- One year working experience in disaster risk management and emergency projects preferably in an international organization;
- Experience in the management of development projects/programs;
- Willing to be based in province and travel as required;
- Strong communication and negotiation skills; and
- Fluent written and spoken English;
CARE International in Vietnam is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas we work around the world. Applicants are advised that CARE International in Vietnam reserves the right to screen candidates to ensure a child-safe environment. Further information can be found in the CARE Vietnam child protection policy.
Interested candidates should send a full CV in English and stating the position title to email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing date to apply for this position: 1 August 2012
The short-listed applicants will be contacted for interviews. Please no telephone contact after submitting the application.