CARE in Vietnam is a Non-Government Organization representing the CARE International network. CARE in Vietnam is a creative and dynamic organization, working with Vietnamese partners in the sectors of health, rural development and disaster mitigation and preparedness.
CARE in Vietnam is looking for an experienced and qualified Vietnamese to fill in Project Manager position for Climate Change project in Mekong Delta.
Position title: Project Manager
Reporting to: South Coordinator
Contract: Two years contract with potential for extension
Base in: An Giang with travel to project sites as required
Position Summary: The Integrated Community-based Adaptation in the Mekong (ICAM) Project will increase the resilience of communities in the Mekong Delta to the impacts of climate change.The Project Manager is responsible for day-to-day administrative, financial and programmatic management, monitoring, and reporting of the project. The Project Manager works closely with local authorities and partner organizations, technical advisors and project staff. The position holder will be required to undertake travel within the Mekong Delta, as well as to Ho Chi Minh City, Hanoi and other locations within Vietnam.
Reporting Relationships: This position reports to CARE’s South Coordinator, with strong technical links to CARE’s Disaster Risk Reduction and Climate Change Program Manager. This position will supervise three Senior Project Officers and one Finance Officer.
- Ensure effective and efficient project implementation and partnership with all stakeholders;
- Provide guidance for all project activities through the development of appropriate management tools including costed worked plan (CWP);
- Work closely with the respective partners during the implementation of specific activities;
- Work with the partners to ensure a high level visibility and branding in all appropriate activities;
- Ensure timely production of project narrative reports as per the donor/CARE in Vietnam (CVN) schedule, and all other official documentation as defined by the project;
- Assist in preparing financial project reports;
- Update project status lists and other information about the project following CARE in Vietnam management rules and procedures;
- Review and arrange approval and acquittal of contracts and payments in accordance with CARE in Vietnam rules and procedures;
- Ensure compliance with CARE in Vietnam and donor regulations of accounting and asset management;
- Establish the project monitoring and evaluation system in accordance with project document/guidelines; and
- Plan, arrange and support external and internal reviews and evaluations of the project.
This position is also a member of the CVN Emergency Response Team. As such, it is responsible to:
- Be available for deployment to support CARE’s emergency response activities.
- Stay abreast of emergency related developments, especially in the Mekong Delta area of Vietnam.
- University Degree in Environment or relevant subjects
- More than five years working experience in disaster risk management, emergency response and/or climate change projects preferably in an international organization;
- Experience in the management of development projects/programs;
- Willing to be based in province and travel to the field as required;
- Strong communication and negotiation skills; and
- Fluent written and spoken English and Vietnamese;
- Experience/skills with research, survey and assessment.
Child Protection: CARE International in Vietnam is committed to protecting the rights of children in all areas we work around the world. Applicants are advised that CARE International in Vietnam reserves the right to screen candidates to ensure a child-safe environment. Further information can be found in the CARE Vietnam child protection policy.
Interested candidates should send a full CV in English and stating the position title to email: email@example.com. Closing date to apply for this position: 25 May 2012
The short-listed applicants will be contacted for interviews. Please no telephone contact after submitting the application.