Oxfam is an international confederation of 15 organizations working together in 98 countries and with partners and allies around the world to find lasting solutions to poverty and injustice. In Vietnam, Oxfam is recognized as one of the leading international NGOs, especially in rural development, disaster risk reduction and humanitarian response, civil society development, ethnic minorities, and women’s empowerment.
We are looking for an experienced and dynamic Vietnamese citizen to fill the following position:
(Oxfam Great Britain - Level D1)
Reference number: INT5574
The post is offered nine months contract (tentatively from 1/10/12 - 15/7/13), based in Hanoi.
The Role: To manage the implementation of Oxfam GB's Livelihoods Programme in Lao Cai province, including development, emergency and rehabilitation responses as local context requires.
Reports to: Programme Coordinator – Livelihoods
- Contribute to the Oxfam GB programme planning and budgeting in Vietnam and specifically for Lao Cai province and programmatic theme.
- Contribute to concept notes and proposal formulation; lead assigned project proposal writing; and take part in programme identification and expansion to new areas (if any). In charge of donor servicing for projects managed.
- Manage and implement the Lao Cai Programme in line with agreed country/programme framework plan; programme operations and advocacy/communication aspects. Including: quality control (especially ensuring equity), financial management, documentation, monitoring and evaluation, reporting etc.
- Responsible for planning and managing all resources required to deliver Lao Cai programme, including people, assets and financial accountability.
- Develop and strengthen working partnership with partners like local governments, government technical bodies, civil societies etc.
- Where appropriate, take part in policy advocacy to lobby for good practices, lessons, processes of the project to be replicated at a higher level and broader scale.
- Ensure internal and external reporting (financial and narrative) is completed to agreed time-frames.
- Implement Performance Management with all direct reports (if any). Including objective setting, performance review and personal development plans. Ensuring all aspects of Oxfam GB’s work in Vietnam e.g. programme themes and aims, gender equity and advocacy are reflected in your own and staff objectives.
- Ensure implementation of Oxfam GB’s operational policies, procedures and guidelines, especially gender equity, in all aspects of Oxfam’s work. With support from technical advisors and programme service staff as needed.
- Act as Oxfam’s representative at provincial and national level, as required.
- Be a member of Oxfam’s team; participating in appropriate staff meetings, planning sessions and on-going liasing as needed.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
Job Specific Competencies
- Vietnamese national
- University degree, preferably agriculture, forestry, development studies, economics or social sciences.
- Proven experiences and skills in programme coordination and negotiation; including participatory approaches
- Good social entrepreneurship skills and experiences.
- Sound experience in resource management e.g. people, finances, assets
- Good understanding and practical experience in application of equity issues (Gender and diversity)
- Good understanding of rural development, ethnic minority and gender issues in Vietnam
- Strong written and spoken English and Vietnamese
- Good computer skills (writing, spreadsheet, email and internet browser programmes)
- Able to travel extensively to programme/project areas on a regular basis
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to Achieve Results
- Communication Skills
- Good organisational skill
Gross Annual Salary Range: US$ 13,755 – $ 22,984
The closing date for application: July 31th, 2012
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can apply online, please visit: http://www.oxfam.org.uk/jobs (page Work with us - Current Vacancies, quote reference: INT5574 Application Form is under article “MORE INFO”) or send a cover letter, Application Form, and copies of relevant degrees to:
Oxfam Great Britain, Floor 5, 22 Le Dai Hanh, Hanoi
Oxfam offers an attractive benefit package. We regret that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Oxfam is an equal opportunity employer.