The French Red Cross (FRC) is part of the world wide Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement.
The French Red Cross seeks to prevent and alleviate human suffering and to improve the situation of vulnerable people without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinion and adheres to the seven principles of the Red Cross movement: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality.
The French Red Cross carries out activities in France and worldwide, in close coordination with the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and their sisters organizations. The FRC core areas of intervention are: social care, health, disaster preparedness and relief with a transversal emphasis on capacity building.
Since 1990, the French Red Cross has been working together with the Vietnam Red Cross to implement humanitarian and development activities.
The consortium of the Spanish Red Cross (SRC), the German Red Cross (GRC) andthe French Red Cross in collaboration with Vietnam Red Cross (VNRC) is implementing a 12-month recovery project in the Mekong Delta: “Recovery operation for the communities affected by the floods in the Mekong Delta, Southern Vietnam”.This project targets 2 provinces of Mekong Delta (An Giang, Dong Thap) and aims at providing support to affected people in 3 key sectors: permanent shelter, WASH for households, WASH in schools, including the construction and/or rehabilitation of infrastructures.
In the scope of this project the FRC is looking for 1 experienced and motivated Vietnamese staff for the position of Programme Coordinator.
Twelve months with possibility of extension. The Programme Coordinator will be assigned to the project on a full time basis.
The Programme Coordinator will be based in Hanoi, with frequent field visits in the project sites of An Giang and Dong Thap (up to 30% of the time).
2.3. Duties and responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Head of Delegation, the Programme Coordinator is responsible for the overall operational management, technical support, monitoring and reporting of the project. She/he will supervise and manage the collaboration with all the partners to insure a proper coordination during the implementation of the activities of the project.
In this capacity his/her specific duties and responsibilities include:
- To ensure the overall coordination of the project with the VNRC ay HQ and provincial level, withe the RC National Societies, other INGOs and local authorities
- To supervise and support the consortium field team and VNRC chapters in the the daily management of all planned activities of the Project at provincial, district and commune level.
- To provide technical assistance on project implementation, monitoring and management to the Comsortium field trip and to VNRC HQ
- To provide assistance for the financial management of the project.
- To ensure the supervision and monitoring of all project activities and to ensure that the project achieves its objectives as detailed in the logical framework.
- To be the focal point between FRC/SRC/GRC Consortium staffs, VNRC NHQ and VNRC branches
- To prepare monthly and ad hoc intermediate and final narrative reports (in English) and assist for financial reports.
- To liaise and network with other relevant actors and stakeholders and participate to technical working groups (Disaster Management Working Group of NGO Center for example).
- To represent the Consortium in multi-stakeholders meetings/workshops.
- To support capacity building of the Red Cross provincial chapters.
- To ensure that all experiences and lessons learnt during the project course are well documented for use in future VNRC activities.
- To assist in translation and interpretation if necessary.
- University Degree in development, international cooperation, social, economic studies, foreign languages or others relevant fields.
- At least 7 years working in the development or humanitarian sector, including 3 years in an international environment in a similar position.
- Proven Eeperience in at least one of the following areas: Disaster Response , Disaster Preparedness, Disaster Risk Reduction, Emergency Response /Recovery, Rehabilitation/Construction, Capacity - - - Building and Organization Development
- Strong experience in programme coordination and project managementExperience in working closely with local or international stakeholders and partners.
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management
- Very good knowledge of emergency or recovery concepts and project implementation
- Good knowledge of key steps/tools of emergency/recovery project: from needs assessment to M&E
- Knowledge of M&E tools and techniques
- Basic knowledge/experience of the Red Cross movement
- Technical knowledge of construction or rehabilitation is a strong asset.
- Knowledge of BCC approach and tools is an asset.
- Knowledge of ECHO is an asset.
- Excellent command of written and spoken Vietnamese and English
- Excellent computer skills: MS Office, e-mail, etc.
- Command of written and spoken French is an asset
- Command in statistic analysis software (SPSS, Sphinx, etc.) is an asset
Personal skills and abilities
- Good interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills
- Good analytical and reporting skills
- Ability to supervise people / Leadership
- Sense of initiative and responsibility
- Ability to work in team as well as independently
- Ability to represent the project among national and international stakeholders
- Ability to travel in the targeted areas Ability to work in stressful situations
- Willingness to adhere to Red Cross Movement Principles
Interested Vietnamese candidates are requested to send:
- CV in English
- Application Letter in English
- Copies of education degree and relevant certificates
To: French Red Cross - Delegation in Vietnam
83A Tran Quoc Toan, 7th floor
Hoan Kiem District
Or through e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
With the following Reference: FRC_Recovery 2012_PC_Your Name
After the review/screening of applications, only short-listed applicants will be contacted by phone or email, and invited for an interview. Due to the urgent nature of this recruitment, candidates could be contacted before the deadline for candidatures’ submission.