Community Based Project Intern
Job Title: Community Based Project Intern
Workplace: Ho Chi Minh City
Report to: Program Coordinator
Environment and Development Action in Viet Nam (endaVietnam) is the Vietnamese antenna of enda Tiers Monde, operating in different provinces/cities in Viet Nam since 1995. endaVietnam works with the poor in urban areas with focusing on community savings, slum upgrading, community-based solid waste system management, environment awareness, housing for low-income people, network of communities and cities. The current project areas are Hanoi, Da Nang, QuyNhon, Ha Tinh, Kon Tum and Ho Chi Minh City.
EndaVietnam is currently implemented the project “Towards social protection and inclusion of informal waste pickers and recyclers“ in HCMC.
The project aims to improve social inclusion and ensure a sustainable access to a more adequate social protection system for informal waste pickers and recyclersat 7 districts in HCMC.
Project specific objectives:
1. To improve the working conditions of the informal IWPR, reducing risk factors on health
2. To improve the access to health insurance and services -for IWPRs at local level.
3. To insert or stabilize WPRs organisations into integrated waste management systems.
EndaVietnam seeks a qualified person to work as a Community based Project Intern for the minimum 6 months from Jul to Dec 2012.
During the contract time from Jul to Dec 2012, the Community Based Project Intern is assigned to assist the implementation of the project at 7 districts as following details:
- Daily communication and work with project partners at targeted districts in design, planning, implementation of the project.
- Assist in holding and facilitating of project meetings/workshops, trainings and social events.
- Monitoring of project implementation at targeted districts.
- Assist in collection of updated data and information of the project at monthly basis
- Assist in translation of project documents into English and vice versa.
Duration: This Terms of Reference will be definite for 6 months, preferred starting 25th of June 2012.
- University degreein sustainable environment/social work/public health.
- Familiar with participatory approaches
- Familiar with MS office, internet and e-mail.
- Good in English language.
- Good communication, planning & organization skills
- Proactive, patient, teamwork, committed and good listener
- Monthly stipend per month depending on qualification and competency
- Working in INGO environment
- After internship, the successful intern will be recruited to be Project Officer
Deadline for application submission is no later than July 20, 2012. Interested candidates may apply by sending asap a CV and Letter of Interest to email@example.com. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.