Oxfam is an international confederation of 15 organizations working together in 98 countries and with partners and allies around the world to find lasting solutions to poverty and injustice. In Vietnam, Oxfam is recognized as one of the leading international NGOs, especially in rural development, disaster risk reduction and humanitarian response, civil society development, ethnic minorities, and women’s empowerment.
They are looking for an experienced and dynamic Vietnamese citizen to fill the following position:
(Oxfam Great Britain - Level D1)
Reference number: INT5173
The post is offered open-ended contract, based in Hanoi but with frequent travel
The Role: Be part of Oxfam Communications Team: to provide overall leadership and coordination on media, lead communication and media aspects of Oxfam’s GROW campaign, support brand management. Oversee the development and/or produce high quality public information/programme communication materials. Identify creative ways and ensure the usage of digital media and social networks to raise Oxfam’s profile in the country, support the delivery of Oxfam’s programmes in Viet Nam, and support advocacy work. Be part of the Emergency Response Team when required.
Reports to: Programme Coordinator for Advocacy & Communication, and Oxfam Country Director
Staff reporting to this post: Programme intern
1. Media and other external communications:
- Be the focal point for general enquiries about Oxfam.
- Provide overall leadership and coordination on media.
- Develop and maintain the implementation of country media plan in line with the country communications strategy, and the Campaign and advocacy strategy.
- Build and maintain good relationship with the media in Viet Nam including local and foreign journalists, maintain media contact database.
- Prepare press releases and support the development of other media targeted materials.
- Support Oxfam’s response to media enquiries; identify opportunities for Oxfam to engage the media for advocacy purposes and raise profile in Viet Nam.
- Arrange media interviews; set up field trips for local and international media, and accompany journalists covering stories when required.
- Monitoring media coverage of Oxfam’s programmes at local and national level.
- Coordinate media training for Oxfam staff.
2. Campaign and Advocacy support:
- Lead media and communications aspects for Oxfam’s GROW campaign including planning, development and implementation; supporting the development of campaign materials, ensuring that campaigning activities are documented and shared.
- Support the development and implementation of advocacy strategy; provide communication expertise to turn complex policy issues into messages that are simple and clear.
- Take part in research as requested.
- Support Oxfam’s brand champion in the implementation of brand management and sign-off procedures to ensure consistency and adherence to the Oxfam’s brand with all communications materials.
- Be the focal point for brand management and sign-off of communications materials for the host agency.
4. Promotion of Oxfam’s work in Viet Nam internally and externally
- Liaise with and provide regular Viet Nam programme update to the Regional Centre.
- Act as a key member of the Oxfam Communications Team to develop/update public information communication products (e.g. brochures, briefings, presentations etc.).
- Act as a key member of the Oxfam Communications Team to develop and maintain Oxfam’s webpage, social media/social networks to promote Oxfam in Viet Nam.
- Oversee the production of high quality communication materials that support the effective delivery of Oxfam’s programmes in Viet Nam.
- Carry out/organise story gathering trips to collect human interest stories/multimedia materials from different Oxfam’s projects and share them widely.
- Support programme teams with the development of communications strategy as required.
- Support programme teams to design and develop high quality and creative communications materials to reach a wide range of audiences (e.g. programme brochure, training and IEC materials, etc.).
- Act as communications resource person for trainings for staff and partners.
- Coordinate country/programme visits.
- Be part of the Emergency Response Team when required.
5. Information management
- Be the focal point for the host agency for Oxfam’s internal communication.
- Manage photo/video files including commissioning photographers.
- Support IT Officer and Information Manager to improve to the information sharing system and flow.
- Responsible for general information dissemination internally and externally for the host agency.
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
Job Specific Competencies
- University degree, preferably in communications or journalism
- Experience in working with or in the media or other communications field
- Experience in knowledge/information management
- Some understanding of development, gender issues, ethnic minorities
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong written and spoken English and Vietnamese
- Good computer skills, especially for the common used software for word processing and spreadsheet
- Working experience with international organisations or NGO(s) is desirable
- Able to travel to programme/project areas on a regular basis
Oxfam behaviour competencies:
- Organisation to work effectively
- Drive to achieve results
- Critical information gathering
- Knowledge management
- Supporting others
Gross Annual Salary Range: US$ 13,755 – $ 22,984
The closing date for application: February 20th, 2012
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can apply online, please visit: http://www.oxfam.org.uk/jobs (page Work with us - Current Vacancies, quote reference: INT5173 Application Form is under article “MORE INFO”) or send a cover letter, Application Form, and copies of relevant degrees to:
Oxfam Great Britain, Floor 5, 22 Le Dai Hanh, Hanoi
Oxfam offers an attractive benefit package. We regret that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Oxfam is an equal opportunity employer