- All Jobs
- Finance Officer
- Programme Assistant
- Programme Coordinator
- Programme Manager
- Programme Officer
- Project Assistant
- Project Coordinator
- Project Manager
- Project Officer
- Technical Officer
Accounting and Finance Manager
Position: ACCOUNTING AND FINANCE MANAGER
Duty Location: Ho Chi Minh - Vietnam
Room to Read is an International non-governmental organization currently working in 10 countries of Bangladesh, Cambodia, India, Laos, Nepal, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Vietnam, Zambia, and Tanzania. Our global headquarters is located in San Francisco, USA.
Room to Read partners with local communities throughout the developing world to provide quality educational opportunities by establishing libraries, creating local language children’s literature, constructing schools, and providing education to girls. We seek to intervene early in the lives of children in the belief that education empowers people to improve socioeconomic conditions for their families, communities, countries, and future generations. Through the opportunities that only education can provide, we strive to break the cycle of poverty, one child at a time.
Since our inception, Room to Read’s worldwide team has impacted over 4.1 million children by constructing 1,129 schools, establishing 10,000 libraries, publishing 550 new children’s book titles in 22 local languages, and putting over 10,000 girls onto long-term, holistic scholarships. Our long-term goal is to help 10 million children to gain the lifelong gift of education.
In Vietnam, Room to Read has been implementing five programs including the Reading Room, the Girls’ Education, the Local Language Publishing, the Literacy Instruction, and the School Room in eight provinces and city of Vietnam.
The Accounting and Finance Manager (AFM) will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the organization’s finances and accounting initiatives. The position will report directly to the Country Director (CD) and Global Office/ Regional Office whenever required. The AFM will be responsible for the overall management of the Finance and Accounting unit. The AFM will closely work with the Country Director to create, implement and analyze financial budgets and forecasts, ensuring alignment with programmatic strategies.
The AFM will also be responsible for setting up and maintaining adequate in-country financial reporting in accordance with government regulations, managing Room to Read’s legal compliance in Vietnam, navigating procedures for expansion and complying with all governmental standards, requirements, and regulations. AFM will be responsible for monitoring and verifying partner organizations’ account related to the projects and if necessary providing all the required training and guidance to the partner organization in order to align their accounts accordance with Room to Read requirements.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Work with the CD and PD to create, implement and analyze budgets and forecasts, ensuring alignment with programmatic strategies and Global/Regional Office requirements.
• Prepare and submit all financial reporting documents required by Global & Regional Office in a precise and timely manner. This includes: predicting cash needs on a monthly basis, maintaining required bank balances, processing wire transfers, completing detailed expense reports, etc
• Provide adequate support to Program team for clarifying and preparing budgets
• Prudent Quarterly/Monthly cash forecasting and reporting to Regional Office/Global Office
• Monitor funds release to partner organizations in coordination with the Program Director
• Financial reporting to Country Director, Regional Office and Global Office in precise and timely manner
• Set up and maintain adequate in country finance and accounting system in line with Vietnam’s laws and Room to Read’s Finance and Accounting Policy Manual
• Prepare Donor Financial Report when required
• Visit Field, understand the program challenges & support Partner Organizations’ in maintaining sound financial system and the management of funds
• Establish adequate internal control system & procedures within Room to Read Vietnam.
• Establish Standard Operating Procedures for activities, as necessary, for the finance department.
• Maintain excellent records related to bookkeeping, expenses, funds, partnership ventures, that are at all times accurate, substantiated, up to date, sufficiently detailed and prepared for random spot checks by internal audit functions
• Ensure the security, relevancy and applicability of Accounting software
• Supervise & Support subordinates in classifying expenses into appropriate account head and entering into accounting software
• Supervise & Support subordinates for maintaining records related to book keeping, expenses, funds, partnership ventures
• Train all RTR staff in finance matters as appropriate so that there is uniformity of understanding within the organization in terms of Budgeting, Forecasting, Fund Requests, Compliance , Internal Audits etc.
• Prepare monthly accounting report and reporting to Country Director, Regional Office and Global Office in precise and timely manner
• Provide Capacity Building training to Accounting personnel of Partners
• Ensure timely recording of all accounting transactions in General Ledger
• Monitor and verify the Partner Organization’s account etc
• Ensure all relevant Government Acts, Rules, and Regulations like provision of taxation, Value Added Tax, Personal Income Tax etc. are followed
• Implement relevant accounting standards, audit standards and Generally Accepted Accounting Practice
• Implement all Financial and Accounting Policy Manual (FAPM), Human Resources and Administrative guidelines to the extent applicable to finance & accounting.
• Implement all country specific internal policy guidelines
• Make relevant report to Government, Regional office, Global Office and Country Director if any in timely and precise manner
• Remain updated with policy changes within the country.
• Follow up & support all departments in complying with internal audit observations and ensure closure within agreed time.
• Support RO & GO by providing all documents, statements, justifications etc as required during GO external audits..
• Review and evaluate Room to Read's various policies, system, procedure, applicable Rules and Regulations and recommend for implementation and appropriate revision
• Review and support to manage overall internal control system
• Support colleagues in clarifying all policies, Government requirements etc.
• If appointed by CD/ Management, be part of various committee/team and actively participate.
• As part of Country Management Team attend the periodic meetings and provide guidance/inputs for strategic & management issues of the Country Office.
• Participate and conduct meetings with relevant Finance & Accounting organizations within the country.
• Represent Room to Read at relevant meetings and occasionally assist in hosting key donor visits if any
• Provide regular updates on Finance activities and plans at regular meetings with management staff
The salary range for this position will be determined based upon the experience of the candidate hired. Benefits including health and a retirement plan are also provided. Additional benefits include a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative, meaningful, and rapidly growing organization that is changing the world through the lifelong gift of education.
Please send your Cover Letter and Curriculum Vitae to Ms. Ngoc Diep at [email protected] with subject “Communication Officer”. Due to the high volume of applicant response, not all applicants may receive a response from Room to Read. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Room to Read is an equal opportunity employer committed to identifying and developing the skills and leadership of people from diverse backgrounds.