2 (two) Field Project Assistants
German Red Cross and Australian Red Cross are part of the world wide Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement assisting victims of conflict and disaster and people affected by social or health related crisis. The Red Cross Movement provides assistance to vulnerable people without discrimination as to nationality, race, religious beliefs, class or political opinions and adheres to the seven principles of the Red Cross movement: Humanity, Impartiality, Neutrality, Independence, Voluntary Service, Unity and Universality.
The persons recruited for this position will support the partnership between German Red Cross (GRC), Australian Red Cross (ARC) and the Vietnam Red Cross (VNRC) in the implementation of the Climate Smart Community-Based Disaster Risk Reduction Project in An Giang and Kien Giang
Contract type and duration: Full-time position for the period of 1 (one) year
Location: 1 (one) person will be based in An Giang and 1 (one) person will be based in Kien Giang
Required language proficiency: Vietnamese and English
Nationality: The position is opened for Vietnamese nationals only
Starting date: 8 July 2012
Roles and Responsibilities
The Field Project Assistant shall be responsible for supporting the host provincial Red Cross chapters and branches in the implementation of all activities of the project and in their monitoring.
In this capacity his/her specific duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Be responsible for assisting the Field Project Officer in supporting and monitoring all activities of the project
- Participate in regular monitoring visits to ensure the quality of the project administration and financial management undertaken in project sites
- Ensure the general administrative management of the field-based project team including providing support to consortium delegates and staff in the implementation of their tasks for the achievement of project results (communication, logistic arrangement, filing, and other administrative tasks)
- Act as procurement focal point and ensure project procurement activities are in line with procurement policies and procedures
- Ensure high-quality reporting (in English and Vietnamese)
- Assist in supporting, monitoring and evaluating project’s activities
- Maintain an effective communication system and ensure information flow between projects and relevant parties
- Provide translation of project documents and in meetings
- Support capacity building processes throughout the project
- Assist in the consolidation of experiences and lessons learnt during the project course
- Assist in translation and interpretation when necessary
- Educational background: University Degree in disaster management, development studies, social studies, foreign languages or others,
- Preferably project experience in the community-based development sector with INGOs, national or international agencies.
- Excellent command of written and spoken Vietnamese and English
- Ability and willingness to travel to the project sites, proven experience in project work at grassroots level.
- Good interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to represent the project among national and international stakeholders
- Ability to work in team, independently and in stressful situations
- Sense of initiative and responsibility
- Experience in organizing workshops and seminars
- Competence in MS Windows programs, word processing, Excel, etc.
Interested candidates are invited to send their applications in English with statement of the position title no later than 15 June 2012 to:
German Red Cross
Country Office Vietnam
15 Thien Quang
Please note that only applications which are submitted in English shall be considered. While we apprecciate all responses, only candidate under consideration shall be contacted.