Evaluator for the Cross-Check of Latrines Construction in Cao Bang and Bac Kan
The Netherlands Red Cross (NLRC) and the Vietnam Red Cross (VNRC) has completed the “Community Developement Project in the provinces Ha Giang, Cao Bang, Bac Kan, Ninh Thuan and Binh Thuan”. The goal of this project is to reduce the vulnerability and improve the living conditions of the most vulnerable people in very poor and climate-prone communes in five provinces of Vietnam in a sustainable manner. The Netherlands Red Cross is now seeking an evaluator for the cross-check of latrines construction in Cao Bang and Bac Kan. The purpose of this evaluation is to assess process of the construction and quality of latrines, including its design and material proportions.
Scope of work
- Cross-check the quality of the construction of 200 latrines in Cao Banh and 100 in Bac Kan. This includes a check on whether the latrines were built according to the design (including material proportions, standards of MOH and construction period).
- Cross check the arrangements made with beneficiaries on construction and use of the latrines.
- Cross-check the beneficiary list in the field.
Briefing and information review in Hanoi [1 day]
A briefing will take place at NLRC office in Hanoi. All relevant documents and necessary clarifications will be provided. In this briefing a detailed evaluation plan will be agreed.
Field Evaluation: [10 days, incl. travel]
The evaluator must work independently with beneficiaries and local authorities in the two communes.
Visit to each commune should include interviews with authorities, Red Cross staff, and beneficiaries.
Debriefing and submission of report [2 days]
- A draft report needs to be submitted to NLRC within 3 days after the visit
- A debriefing based on the draft report will take place within 7 days after the visit. Feedback shall be provided and will be included in the final report.
- A final Report shall be submitted electronically and in 2 hardcopies (one for VNRC, NLRC) in both Vietnamese and English, within 2 days after the debriefing sessions.
The evaluator should have:
- Technical knowledge on latrine construction.
- 2 years working experience in sanitation projects in Vietnam.
- English and Vietnamese language skills.
Application letters, CV’s and reference letter and expected fee should be submitted in ENGLISH not later than 4th Oct, 2009 to:
Ms. Le Thi Nhat
The Netherlands Red Cross in Vietnam
83a Tran Quoc Toan, Hanoi
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.